Hotel Recomendations Please

You are going to have to help us out a bit here. Samui is full of hotels, with pools, and free wifi.:lol:

So, are you bringing the kids/travelling alone?

Go drinking til 3am every night/retreating to the jungle?

Hate being by the beach/can't sleep without the sound of water?

Need to be able to walk everywhere/will rent a bike?

Have THB 10,000 a night to spend/THB 500?

Etc.:D

Edited by itishothere

You are going to have to help us out a bit here. Samui is full of hotels, with pools, and free wifi.:lol:

So, are you bringing the kids/travelling alone?

Go drinking til 3am every night/retreating to the jungle?

Hate being by the beach/can't sleep without the sound of water?

Need to be able to walk everywhere/will rent a bike?

Have THB 10,000 a night to spend/THB 500?

Etc.:D

fair points.

single,smoker, on an exercise kick of 2hrs swimming AND walking per day. male 40s want to chill and relax and see best of wat samui has to offer. can easily find the nightlife if in the mood.

have looked at amarina residence and samui reef view resort online seem highly recommended and at under 1k baht per night cheaper than i expected

cheers.

Both look good and reasonable prices. Don't know them personally sorry.

Chaweng is the hub of activity - although it is low season. Generally not the best place to chill and hide away in. The main beach road has loads of places to eat and drink, but it is difficult to escape it. Long beach to exercise on - and swim from. Lamai more laid back - probably more "chilled" and with a decent amount of nightlife. Beach shorter.

Maenam has a good long beach too, but is quieter. Fishermans/Bophut (eg Smile House has a great pool for swimming) more family orientated but some good walking off the side sois.

Those prices you have seen are good - others here might have thoughts for you.:D

plumped for the amarina residence lamai beach 900 pnight got upgrade to balcony room so i can smoke !!

pool is tiny tho only a plunge pool in middle of receptio!

off to try a swim in the sea.

any updates/recommends still appreciated.

plumped for the amarina residence lamai beach 900 pnight got upgrade to balcony room so i can smoke !!

pool is tiny tho only a plunge pool in middle of receptio!

off to try a swim in the sea.

any updates/recommends still appreciated.

Up your budget to around 1500 Baht and move here. My favourite place for a swim....decent for a run up and down Bophut beach....ermm.gif...so I'm told....biggrin.gif

Edit: Just to say try and get a discount without breakfast as its umm average and well Its a meal I rerely bother with....before 1030 anyway....

Edited by smokie36

If you're still looking and fancy Maenam, how about www.phalarninn.com - one of the original resorts on this beach, nice pool, range of prices, loads of running along the back roads and lovely English speaking Thai girl who runs it.

Not close to Chaweng though of course.