Coke In A Bag?

Warhammer820

Why anyone drinks Coke/Pepsi is beyond me its a very bad substance to put into your body 39 grams of sugar per can

" In the first 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor, allowing you to keep it down.

20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (And there’s plenty of that at this particular moment.)

40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate; your blood pressure rises; as a response, your liver dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked, preventing drowsiness.

45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production, stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

> 60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium, and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.

> 60 minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium, and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolytes, and water.

> 60 minutes: As the rave inside you dies down, you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like hydrating your system, or building strong bones and teeth.

This will all be followed by a caffeine crash in the next few hours. (As little as two if you’re a smoker.) Want to know what happens after that? Check out what happens to your body after you drink a coke, every day for a long time.

Coke itself isn’t the enemy here. It’s the dynamic combo of massive sugar doses combined with caffeine and phosphoric acid, which are found in almost all sodas."

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/01/12/what-happens-to-your-body-within-an-hour-of-drinking-a-coke.aspx

I'm only guessing here, but I'd say that at best that's an exaggeration, and at the worst it's BS. I have a coke and whiskey in front of me. After finishing it I will go to bed and sleep.

Bags are easy to carry. When you're getting take away you can carry several bags of drinks in one hand a bunch of food in the other. They also don't take up much room for a small vendor on the street.

You want to really blow your mind, you should see milk in a bag like they sell in Canada :lol:

That bag is called an udder

Why anyone drinks Coke/Pepsi is beyond me its a very bad substance to put into your body 39 grams of sugar per can

" In the first 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don't immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor, allowing you to keep it down.

20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (And there's plenty of that at this particular moment.)

40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate; your blood pressure rises; as a response, your liver dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked, preventing drowsiness.

45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production, stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

> 60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium, and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.

> 60 minutes: The caffeine's diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you'll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium, and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolytes, and water.

> 60 minutes: As the rave inside you dies down, you'll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You've also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like hydrating your system, or building strong bones and teeth.

This will all be followed by a caffeine crash in the next few hours. (As little as two if you're a smoker.) Want to know what happens after that? Check out what happens to your body after you drink a coke, every day for a long time.

Coke itself isn't the enemy here. It's the dynamic combo of massive sugar doses combined with caffeine and phosphoric acid, which are found in almost all sodas."

http://articles.merc...ing-a-coke.aspx

I'm only guessing here, but I'd say that at best that's an exaggeration, and at the worst it's BS. I have a coke and whiskey in front of me. After finishing it I will go to bed and sleep.

Maybe you will sleep forever. The long sleep. That stuff can kill you.

Especially if you drink the plastic bag aswell.

Good night. :huh:

Edited by Geekfreaklover

In the old days coke came in a little ziplock baggie. which was small enough to fit in your wallet....!!!! Or that little pocket in your Levi's... I always wondered what that pocket was for.

:cheesy:

i'm not confused about that. I'm confused about why they put coke in bags. i just think it would be more logical to put coke in a plastic cup with ice than a bag. That way you do not have to always hold it.

Plastic bags can be used for take out food too. No body wants hot food in a cheap soda cup. Plastic is a money saver.

15+ years ago i was delighted when in first encountered coke in a bag.

It was before the bags were made with handles, and they tied a small elastic band to a corner of the bag.

I always thought the bags with handles were a lot less fun.

Anyways, you can have your coke in a bottle if you are willing to pay the deposit on the bottle. Up to you.

Long live Coke in a bag.

The bottles are returned for money, I think.:unsure:

Yup, that is it.

Deposit in the bottles.

When Coke was first introduced to Asia the deposit on the bottle was almost equal to the contents so if they allowed the customer take the bottle, they would lose on every sale. The plastic bag makes economic sense. Now glass has gone way to plastic but people have become accustom to the practice so there's no point changing when it's the cheapest method to selling a drink.

i'm not confused about that. I'm confused about why they put coke in bags. i just think it would be more logical to put coke in a plastic cup with ice than a bag. That way you do not have to always hold it.

Plastic bags can be used for take out food too. No body wants hot food in a cheap soda cup. Plastic is a money saver.

15+ years ago i was delighted when in first encountered coke in a bag.

It was before the bags were made with handles, and they tied a small elastic band to a corner of the bag.

I always thought the bags with handles were a lot less fun.

Anyways, you can have your coke in a bottle if you are willing to pay the deposit on the bottle. Up to you.

Long live Coke in a bag.

Me too. 29 years ago you virtually never saw it any other way. No cans (I don't think they were even sold here). No cups. I thought the bag idea was ingenious especially as I only like cola with ice. And while it's true that it can sometimes be a drag if you want to set it down as it can easily spill, it is typically for drinking while you walk or stand -- a restaurant puts in a cup or glass or gives you the bottle, right? And if you are taking it home, you put it in a glass if you want -- or you can hang it from something if you are stationary.

Yes, I am solidly pro-Coke In A Bag (if I'm mobile).

I Was driving home late last night,and i was dying for a pee so did it in a coke can.

Police stopped me and asked a few questions then they asked me what was in the can.

So i told them ..Now im being done 4 possession of canapiss !!!

Edited by welsh1

Caddies on golf courses always get their coke in a bag. It actually makes sense - no place to put the can other than on the ground. Much better of hanging the bag on the trolley. I have picked up the habit myself when I get my ice coffee.