Election? It's A Tough Call

Lite Beer

PT will get the most votes and then be banned for Thaksin's alleged illegal involvement. The Democrats will retain power and all without a military coup. My opinion for what it's worth.

why even have elections then?

To appease the masses.

My point exactly. Except of course for his wife who did return, but did not face the music?

Ms Potjaman (or ex Mrs Shinawatra) was found 'not guilty' in the case which saw her (ex-)husband convicted and sentenced to two years imprisonment. Mind you she has been found guilty of tax-evasion in another case, but still free on appeal.

PT will get the most votes and then be banned for Thaksin's alleged illegal involvement. The Democrats will retain power and all without a military coup. My opinion for what it's worth.

The idea is to campaign without breaking the laws. It seems that it's difficult to do in Thailand.

Regardless of the actual composition of the government at any given time between election cycles, the people will have elected MP's, and most of those will remain in office.

PMs and governments are voted for and replaced by MP votes.

The compositions of parties, and parties themselves will change memberships and leaderships, regardless of anyones intent, without penalty except in case of party dissolution. Parties through out their own less loyal members, and some get caught doing election crimes, and others just plain die of natural causes, and get replaced in by elections.

But the general MP quota will remain. If so many MPs get removed for cause or by chance, that a quota is not maintained, then that will call for a new election.

Edited by animatic

The idea is to campaign without breaking the laws. It seems that it's difficult to do in Thailand.

Amazing how the Dems get away with it

Amazing how the Dems get away with it

How they get away with campaigning without breaking laws?

You don't need to break laws when you have the military in your pocket.