How Do I Get To Payap University From Thapae Gate?

fritter1970

I am hoping someone can help me.

I am considering undertaking a Thai language course at Payap University.

I reside near Thapae Gate.

Can anyone advise as to whether it is possible to take a sawngthaew between these two locations?

I know I can get a sawngthaew easily from Thapae Gate, but are there many passing by Payap University?

Depending on how long your language course is.......you may wish to consider hiring a motor scooter/motorsai for the same period of time.

It is about ten to fifteen minutes drive by motor scooter depending on the time of day, but if you use a tuk tuk, I am sure you will pay at least 50 baht a trip each way....And I am being kind in my estimation of the costs, bearing in mind that you are a Farang.

PM me if you need more help. I live next door to Payap and i know the route well from Thapai Gate. It is not that far away ......use your options. of the transport available to you.

Best wishes

Chances are that it's cheapest to cut up the trip. Take one red bus to wherever it is that buses leave that pass Payap. Ask around at Payap.

Consider buying or renting a small motorcycle. Worst case with public transport is probably 40 baht to get there and 40 baht back.

Payap is located between the two major roads (Sankampeng/ Doi Saket) so it is not easy to find a songthaew to take you there. And it would be a long, hot uncomfortable ride by songthaew along Charoen Muang RD from Thapae Gate. Better to make an arrangement with a tuk-tuk driver to meet you on a regular basis to take you and pick you up at Payap's back gate, formerly the front gate, just off the superhighway (11). Then you can pick up the internal wiki-wiki bus in front of the Payap bookstore to get you to your building on campus.

there are hardly any tuk tuks or songtauws passing payap

rick

The yellow ones to Doi Saket up go up the 118 Kaew Nawarat Road and past that entrance to Payap. They start at Wororot Market. That would mean a walk ( approx. 800 metres) down Chiang Moi Road to the River,a left turn,walk a few dozen metres and the yellow songthaws park in a little square almost invisible until you actually get into the square. You have to ask which one goes to Doi Saket. There's always one there. They go every five minutes. But from there its only about 1.5 kms to Payap. Depends if that entrance suits you. 10 baht would be more than enough. ( Its only 16 baht for the 20kms. to Doi Saket.)

Surely your best bet would be to buy/rent a scooter, would only take 10 mins....up the 118, over the Superhighway and right at the next large junction....would save all the hassle of getting taxi's/tututs etc. You could even cycle but reckon that would take 30mins or so. Get a little automatic scooter, take it easy and wear a helmet! smile.gif