Fast Track Story

I used the fast track service the other night to enter thailand.

When i got to immigration the guy said he'd not seen a voucher like that before and wanted to know where i got it from. The rep was waiting on the other side of the immigration booth and came over to talk to the officer. Officer was not very happy asked how i knew this man and then proceeded to take the reps security badge, shut down his booth with both of them making the usual phone calls to respective boss's i'd imagine.

In the meantime i made for a fast exit.... all very peculiar

JH

You went to the fast track immigration, right? Not the normal one? Did the voucher look weird in any way?

Done fast track a few times and the rep has always met me right after coming out of the aircraft and handing over some voucher at the fast track immigration.. Which FT service did you use?

You went to the fast track immigration, right? Not the normal one? Did the voucher look weird in any way?

Done fast track a few times and the rep has always met me right after coming out of the aircraft and handing over some voucher at the fast track immigration.. Which FT service did you use?

Also used the FT service about half dozen times before, no issues..... This was the same voucher i have been given previously, nothing different, don't know what all the fuss was about, maybe someones palm has not been greased?

JH

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Fast Track immigration the same cost for one person as it would be for my family?

No, it's per person but i think the price reduces the more people are in your family / group.

JH

Edited by metisdead
Font reset, use default forum font when posting.

Perhaps that officer is a yellow-shirt. They are having a big fight on a famous Thai forum about how the fast track service is double standard.

Interesting, i will use the service again in a couple days and see what happens....

JH

Edited by metisdead
Font reset, use default forum font when posting.

• 2 weeks later...

Does having a fast track pass get you through the immigration line faster? What about your luggage(s)? Will you be able to get your luggages faster or you will still need to wait for your luggage(s)?

No, you don't need to wait for luggage, you can go without it :rolleyes:

Seriously though I think most people are buying these, or being entitled to, fast track passes when departing as they are concerned about missing their flights, as well as being fed up with waiting in line.

If you are flying into Thailand in Business Class then your luggage will probably be tagged for first off the flight, obviously if you are using a voucher then it will not. In my experience I have frequently needed to wait for my luggage after clearing Immigration, be it in economy or a premium cabin, in fact I have often waited for my luggage when travelling in premium cabin when economy passengers are well on their way.

Edited by theoldgit

Does having a fast track pass get you through the immigration line faster? What about your luggage(s)? Will you be able to get your luggages faster or you will still need to wait for your luggage(s)?

No, you don't need to wait for luggage, you can go without it :rolleyes:

Seriously though I think most people are buying these, or being entitled to, fast track passes when departing as they are concerned about missing their flights, as well as being fed up with waiting in line.

If you are flying into Thailand in Business Class then your luggage will probably be tagged for first off the flight, obviously if you are using a voucher then it will not. In my experience I have frequently needed to wait for my luggage after clearing Immigration, be it in economy or a premium cabin, in fact I have often waited for my luggage when travelling in premium cabin when economy passengers are well on their way.

That depends on how the luggage was loaded and what service your airline provides at Swampy.

As for

It's supposed to be one of the perks of travelling premium, if it is no longer a perk, people will stop flying premium.

When it gets to the stage where airport staff are touting arrivals and taking backhanders to walk people through fast track - presumably for a small consideration to the bent immigration staff - it's just another nail in Thailand's tourism coffin, really.

Do they think VIP tourists are going to put up with this s**t?

More to the point if people are "buying" these because they don't want to queue or are concerned about missing their flights, they aren't helping solve the problem, they are merely moving it elsewhere and lining the pockets of opportunist criminal officials.

It's supposed to be one of the perks of travelling premium, if it is no longer a perk, people will stop flying premium. To me the biggest perk of flying in a premium cabin is the comfort and size of the seat, certainly that's why I'm prepared to pay the extra, closely followed by the service. Fast tracking immigration is certainly a bonus but the loss of it wouldn't stop me flying in a premium cabin.

When it gets to the stage where airport staff are touting arrivals and taking backhanders to walk people through fast track - presumably for a small consideration to the bent immigration staff - it's just another nail in Thailand's tourism coffin, really. Probably

Do they think VIP tourists are going to put up with this s**t? I don't suppose they do, they are probably already travelling in premium cabins.

More to the point if people are "buying" these because they don't want to queue or are concerned about missing their flights, they aren't helping solve the problem, they are merely moving it elsewhere and lining the pockets of opportunist criminal officials. Think you are spot on there, but I suppose they aren't interested in the bigger picture, they just don't want to queue, that's why we still have the problem, in my opinion, they don't want to turn off the cash cow.

It's supposed to be one of the perks of travelling premium, if it is no longer a perk, people will stop flying premium.

Somehow, I'm not sure folks will give up lie-flat First/Business Class seats with course servings on linen lined tables just because the Fast Track lines get clogged up a bit with the Economy Class folks?

Somehow, I'm not sure folks will give up lie-flat First/Business Class seats with course servings on linen lined tables just because the Fast Track lines get clogged up a bit with the Economy Class folks?

Exactly!!!

Except for the fast track there's also the personalized service on board, access to lounges at both ends (and in between if you don't fly direct), comfortable lie-flat seats etc.

Somehow I think that all the negative comments are just that, the need to discredit the things one cannot afford.

Yermanee :jap:

It's supposed to be one of the perks of traveling premium, if it is no longer a perk, people will stop flying premium.

I agree, i pay more to fly First/business for the better seats, service and food (not that the food is great, but much better than economy). Fast track is nice but I'm not going to stop flying first/business if they top the fast track or if it gets overcrowded.

It's supposed to be one of the perks of traveling premium, if it is no longer a perk, people will stop flying premium.

I agree, i pay more to fly First/business for the better seats, service and food (not that the food is great, but much better than economy). Fast track is nice but I'm not going to stop flying first/business if they top the fast track or if it gets overcrowded.

You're right. I meant, and should have said, "will stop flying Premium to Thailand". That's if they like relaxing holidays and pay extra for a smoother travel experience, and are using to fine dining in luxury resorts without worrying too much about where they are. And in my experience, there's plenty of those in Thailand.

They check into an exclusive hotel and rarely venture out.

I used the fast track on arrival about 10 days ago combined with lounge access on departure with BFS. Great, professional service and would us them again. Very quick though immigration and a 4 hour access to lounge for my wife and I. Cost 3000baht.

I used the fast track on arrival about 10 days ago combined with lounge access on departure with BFS. Great, professional service and would us them again. Very quick though immigration and a 4 hour access to lounge for my wife and I. Cost 3000baht.

What lounge did you get access to?

JH

• 2 weeks later...

What lounge did you get access to?

JH

It's the Sky Lounge which Air France, Korean air and others use. Sorry for the delay in responding.

• 2 weeks later...