Convenient Cheap Hotel

Drew345

Can anyone recommend a "short-term" hotel with a convenient location near any skytrain station. I am in a guesthouse now with strict no-guest policy. I don't think even registering my "guest" would make anyone happy in this instance.

I had thought that they were "everywhere", but I have searched before on Sukumwit and even Satorn and the motorcycles and taxis all had no idea of one nearby.

I am planning on meeting an "old-friend" and he also has no idea where one is. He is Thai, but has no idea about such hotels.

If anyone knows what skytrain station, Soi, even name of hotel, I appreciate it. Something more specific than "they're everywhere" or "she'll know where" is appreciated.

Thanks,

Penny Black at the top of Soi Cowboy on the right if you enter from Asok.

Peep Inn, Soi 33 on the left when you enter from Sukhumvit

Star Inn, Soi 7/1

etc. etc.

edit: these are all fairly normal places where you pay by the hour.

If you want to go to a place with adult movies on tv etc. ask the taxi driver for rongraem monroot.

Edited by meom

If you want to go to a place with adult movies on tv etc. ask the taxi driver for rongraem monroot.

The word is actually "Rongraem Marn Leuan" (โรงแรมม่านเลื่อน) which means "Hotel (with a) sliding curtain", a reference to the curtain drawn across the car port area in front of each room - so no one can recognise your car!

Patrick

The word is actually "Rongraem Marn Leuan" (โรงแรมม่านเลื่อน) which means "Hotel (with a) sliding curtain", a reference to the curtain drawn across the car port area in front of each room - so no one can recognise your car!

Patrick

I have never heard nor seen them referred to Rongraem Marn Leuan, always as " Rongraem Marn Rood" (sorry, can't get Thai text to work at the moment). I haven't been to one in 20 years, so my info isn't current, but Googling Rongraem Marn Leuan (in Thai, using copy/paste) yields zero results, but lots of Rongraem Marn Rood.

Of course you can have under an hour on the terrace of the Oriental for the price of a drink

But I guess that would be too romantic

Considering many rooms bookable online from 500 up I would have thought checking out early irrelevant.Of xourse you may prefer cliunts at such places :lol:

I have never heard nor seen them referred to Rongraem Marn Leuan, always as " Rongraem Marn Rood" (sorry, can't get Thai text to work at the moment). I haven't been to one in 20 years, so my info isn't current, but Googling Rongraem Marn Leuan (in Thai, using copy/paste) yields zero results, but lots of Rongraem Marn Rood.

You may be right but I have always referred to them as "Marn Leuan" - what does the "Rood" mean in your version? I can't think of a word like that - but it's early Monday morning and that may be why!

Patrick

Are you looking for a love hotel or a place to kick back?

I am looking for a love motel. I wasn't sure about forum rules, so I was unnecessarily ambiguous.

Regular hotel where you can pay by the hour, or the one with the curtain pulled across the parking lot is great.

Cheap hotel (under 500 bt) also fine if clean)

Mirrored ceiling and adult movies on TV are not required (but fine).

I've had a couple of frustrating times where the taxi and motorcycle had no idea where to look for one.

Thanks for the recommendations on Suk 33 and Cowboy. Any other ideas near Silom or Satorn would be nice.

Thanks

someone told me the girls who walk around the perimeter of lumphini park starting at about 9:30 pm know of one or more cheap places either on rama iv or sathorn

u could ask them (ruu jahk rong raam bai short time mai?)

my friend said some of them r pretty friendly

You may be right but I have always referred to them as "Marn Leuan" - what does the "Rood" mean in your version? I can't think of a word like that - but it's early Monday morning and that may be why!

Patrick

I'd say qualtrough's got it right.

In thai it's โรงแรม ม่านรูด rongream marn rood

Which translates to hotel curtain draw, i.e. draw curtain hotel

To the OP, not sure I can post the link here. But if you google "bangkok short time hotel" you will come up with a site that lists a few already mentioned here and a few additional ones.

Business inn, soi 11/1. Guests allowed and after 8pm. The receptionist on arranges girls to come to your room. Room in about 650 single and 800 for a double.

There are some short time rooms down soi 11. Don't remember names? Go to the bottom of the soi turn left and you will reach the q bar take a left and that road has a few down it!

All failing, ask the girl your with.

Obviously I just heard about this, not that I indulged! ;):)

Patrick

To the OP, not sure I can post the link here. But if you google "bangkok short time hotel" you will come up with a site that lists a few already mentioned here and a few additional ones.

Patrick, the word in Thai is, รูด which as noted above means to draw as opposed to your slide.

As for the OP, the following link may well be what he is looking for,

http://www.malaysiahotelbkk.com/

I cant vouch for the above hotel, not my cup of tea

Another option could be a , ห้องพัก.

Why don't you follow the lady to her place? :)

from the OP

I am planning on meeting an "old-friend" and he also has no idea where one is. He is Thai, but has no idea about such hotels.

OK, my bad. I just assumed he meant a member of the opposite sex.

I think the OP is lady or gay.

Never knew everything goes in those places, I have been to a few.

The cleanest and most tasteful for me would be opposite the Foodland on Charoen krung, Route 99 or 101 or something to those road codes.

There is a st hotel in Nana or at least used to be - I haven't been to Nana I bet in ten years. There are some cheapies down the road walking away from Nana. I bet there are some st places around soi cowboy as well.

I know a great love hotel I stay at when I come off the bus from the south. Its only B400 but way too far for your interest.

Not a lot of cheap stuff in central BKK. Perhaps opposite side of Sukhumvhit, around Nana BTS stop??

How about something in Soi Ngam Duphli area?

Patrick

Drive through hotels essentially.

Gives a new meaning to 'super-size me'.