• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

How To Hedge Inflation In Thailand?

Hi All,

With the reds winning the elections by that large margin, I´m worried Thailand will have a hard time managing inflation, just like we have seen with a lot of emerging countries (esp BRIC) over the past 4-5 years. My revenue comes from outside of Thailand (different currencies) and I have only a little revenue (covers ~30% of my spendings) in THB.

Number one reason why I live in Thailand is cost of living, and lets presume the new Red policies (please, don´t discuss them here) will shoot prices through the roof. What is the best way to hedge my savings and income against inflation in Thailand?

The first thing that comes to my mind is investing in real estate (I own nothing here) since they are usually a nice benchmark for it, but due to the political situation here, I would prefer doing something else with a better liquidity as I like the feeling of being "ready to leave". FWIW I have no family here, only my own business, so fairly dettached.

Any ideas? Invest in any type of shares, business, THB, etc?

Thanks,

Bill