Spouse Settlment Visa

Marshie,

If you've got something to say, can you spit it out, please.

Scouse.

Thanks, I,ve modified my post slightly to try and get my views across.

As stated by caledonia we are here to help each other but i did not think we where here to assist people like assa 64 when they do things unlawful and ask for assistance when it goes wrong This of course is my personal opinion and does not reflect anyone elses, i cannot sympathise with people who undermine the efforts of everyone of us who have helped foreigners and friends in distressing times.

Please substitute assa64 ( sorry S.a.l.n. )

The last 2 posts confirm my thoughts on the many sad cases there are and i repeat that like Thai problems with visa,s in the U.K. and many of the problems here for foreigners, they are caused by people trying to be clever and bucking the system.

You where not stupid enough to break the law like the 2 times admitted by assa64

so do not fit into the minority i try to refer to.

Perhaps you should re read my comments and think about the implications and i never catergorised one particular area, 90 days, overstayers ect. but tried to give an example of many actions, why Australia comes into it i don,t know.

When one person upsets an official everyone following them usually suffers and is not given the benefit of the doubt or there sympathy you refer to, just a hard time.

Some people just don,t get it, go sit in any Immigration office, anywhere and listen and observe the minority and there dress code and attitude.

Truth is the no.1 priority when meeting these officials.

This is probably why assa 64 has problems so how can anyone help her because of her dishonesty and i do not believe we are getting the true facts from her nor the full story.

It,s because they broke the rules that they do not deserve any sympathy and are now trying to bluff there way out of it.

Yes i am a British tax payer and i have the same feelings for U.K. citizens that work cash in hand while the rest of us contribute to all the benefits we take for granted and break the law.

If i where in there shoes yes of course i would try again but look for sympathy for self inflicted problems, come on, let,s be reasonable here.

I also included people like yourself who i stated as families who need our support and sympathies in my posts and did never say genuine people do not need help.

I,d like to think that this web site is to help everybody but let,s have some sort of standards.

Why do you think we get so many priviliges having a British passport, they,ve been earned over the years.

I am basically referring to assa64 and i do believe that actions like these only help the bad officials to justify there actions in all countries.

By the way we are discussing U.K. visa,s and not any other country, lets not forget that.

Again what i put was a general referrence, nothing more, relating to other countries otherwise we could go on for ever trying to justify one countries laws against another.

The basic rules are to abide by the laws of the country you are in or if you do not be prepared to suffer the consequences, nothing more and nothing less.

Do you honestly believe that the actions of assa64 will enhance your particular case in the U.K.

Nor do the stupid actions of a minority of foreigners here help us in Thailand.

My sympathy lies with people like you caledonia and i would do my utmost to support you and any other genuine case as i have done many times in my life.

I am a working class hero and proud of it with no bias to class, colour or creed.

Stay cool ya all I rest my case thanks again for the debate taking place.

I ofcourse belong to the category of people that you think don't deserve help as my husband overstayed in the UK. So despite the fact that he has lived apart from me and his son for the last three years  we deserve no help/advice right?
If your husband hadn't overstayed, that is deliberately broken the law, you, he and your child would not now be separated. You flouted the law, got caught and are now suffering the consequences. Of course I sympathise with any family that is separated, but like Assa64, the situation you are in is of your own making.

When I married my wife we wanted to be together, anywhere. As long as we were together, Antarctica would have done!

The prospects of her finding work in the UK were a lot better than me finding work in Thailand, so our first choice was to live in England. However, if she had been unable to get a UK visa, then I would have attempted to live in Thailand.

I wonder if you have investigated the possibilities of you and your child moving to Thailand to be with your husband, and if not; why not?

The problem of illegals coming to the UK is not confined to Thailand, it is a worldwide one. The present immigration rules, and the problems they cause for genuine cases, are a result of many years of abuse by people who have come to the UK for reasons other than those stated, and have overstayed. People like your husband and Assa64.

I ofcourse belong to the category of people that you think don't deserve help as my husband overstayed in the UK. So despite the fact that he has lived apart from me and his son for the last three years  we deserve no help/advice right?
If your husband hadn't overstayed, that is deliberately broken the law, you, he and your child would not now be separated. You flouted the law, got caught and are now suffering the consequences. Of course I sympathise with any family that is separated, but like Assa64, the situation you are in is of your own making.

When I married my wife we wanted to be together, anywhere. As long as we were together, Antarctica would have done!

The prospects of her finding work in the UK were a lot better than me finding work in Thailand, so our first choice was to live in England. However, if she had been unable to get a UK visa, then I would have attempted to live in Thailand.

I wonder if you have investigated the possibilities of you and your child moving to Thailand to be with your husband, and if not; why not?

The problem of illegals coming to the UK is not confined to Thailand, it is a worldwide one. The present immigration rules, and the problems they cause for genuine cases, are a result of many years of abuse by people who have come to the UK for reasons other than those stated, and have overstayed. People like your husband and Assa64.

Thanks for your imput GU22 i can only agree with your comments and re itterate that anyone, no matter who that is, once they deceive the authorities, cannot expect help to undo it.

Thie point re illegals is one area i wanted to bring in but didn,t because many will mis understand the valid point you are making and it is much appreciated, let,s hope this point is not turned upside down to excuse it,s validity.

Also a good point re possibilities of coming this way to Thailand as a solution for family separations.

I was thinking of cases like yours when i reponded to the original post on the present topic.

I was angry by her cheek and the many genuine unsolved problems for U.K.visas

I hear about. Thanks again Marshbags

"You flouted the law, got caught and are now suffering the consequences. Of course I sympathise with any family that is separated, but like Assa64, the situation you are in is of your own making."

GU22 could you please inform me when I flouted the law? I have NOT BROKEN any law in this country. My husband overstayed NINE years before I met him, he was married to a different Brisith women and his son with her - not me. He was caught as an overstayed long long before he met me! I won't even go into the details here but you have made a damm load of assumptions about me here and I object to you stating that I flouted the law. Yes my husband did and yes that has caused massive arguments between us but how dare you say I flouted the law - what law is that? Having fallen in love with someon yourself perhaps you can undestand how difficult it is to meet someone and fall in love, then realise there is a problem later! We have been trying to sort this out for four years now and are doing everything by the book, save me the lecture, I can't change what he did over a decade ago!

You also assume that my husband is in Thailand. He isn't - he is in a shi* H*ole of a place that I have visited numerous times until finally the mob attack we were involved in made me reaslie I was putting my life at risk (yeah the shooting incident the first time didn't stop me from going back). I have not been to his home country for a year and a half and instead we meet in a third country where i feel SAFE - so that might explain why I have not re-located. God I wish he was in thailand - I would go there in a heartbeat and be allowed to stay for once! Also bearing in mind he was here for nearly 12 years and has a house full of stuff and a son living with his ex-wife. We have paid the price, been seperated and are trying to remedy things as best that we can. I have been a member on here for two years now and have only mentioned this problem now because Assa64 wasin a similar positon - what a mistake!! God why the hel_l am I even trying to justify myself here- what is the point. Cleary I am law breaking scum so why bother!!

As for Marshbags - you know I was actually going to apologise to you when I came on here as I felt I had over reacted as you hit a raw nerve. I actually agree that Assa64 is playing it a bit rich complaining about how long this has taken, having faced a three year seperation myself. I also was confused by the fact of her husband living as a lodger on such a low income when she had been living with him here. I also doubted that he as not in receipt of any benefits given his low income. I also wondered hwo it was not her husband coming on looking for advice here rather than her - certainly I have been the one fighting my husbandc case, not him. However I was upset at your implication that anyone who overstayed did not deserve help, well how silly of me to think I had picked you up wrong.

Yeah what a cheek of me to have an opinion and point out to you that perhaps some Britis and their relationships do not help the situation that genuine couples face - Yeah the guy I work beside who is on his THIRD Thai Bride cos the others have got so sick of him they went home won't be causing any problems for anyone!!!

Apologies to everyone else for putting far too long responses in here and getting a bit het up but I am dammed if I will be accused of being a law breaker when clealry I just fell in love with the wrong person (joking!!!!).

Anyway clealry I should stay out of the immigration pages and stick with the general topcis and discuss my beloved Thailand there.

Edited by caledonia

caladonia,

"You" is plural, as well as singular, and by "you" I was referring to you (singular) and your husband as a couple. I did assume from what you (singular) had posted that the child you (singular) referred to was yours. I also assumed that as this forum is entitled "Visas and migration to other countries" and is part of thaivisa.com that at least one of you (plural) is Thai, and as you (singular) appear, from what you (singular) say, to be in the UK and you (singular) are talking about your husband overstaying, being removed and not allowed back in to the UK that he is Thai and in Thailand. If this site was shi* H*olevisa.com, then obviously I would not have made that assumption.

If you (singular) don't want people to draw the wrong conclusions or make false assumptions, then you (singular) should give ALL the relevant facts.

3-I left UK on my own after the solicitors confirmed I must go back and apply back home.
Did they confirm this before or after the Home Office told you?

What I'm trying to learn is;

Did you, knowing that you were in the UK illegally and working illegally and having met and fallen in love with your now husband, have a change of heart and seek to remedy the situation?

Or;

Having been found out by the Home Office and knowing you risked removal, possibly deportation, persuade an acquaintance to marry you in an attempt to remain in the UK?

It seems that the ECOs suspect that it is the latter. I have no idea if their suspicions are justified, which is why I asked the question you haven't answered; Did you marry your husband before or after your overstay was discovered?

Never ever crossed my mind that matters will take such a nasty turn.
What did you expect? You admit that you knowingly broke the law by remaining in the UK and working illegally. Did you expect that when caught the Home Office would simply say "Never mind, have a visa anyway!"

Thanks for the last paragraph GU22

Seen all,learnt nothing, any Non-Thais living or working in Thailand illegally deserve the same fate as this lady if/when caught.

Surely Seen all learnt nothing when someone, be it in Thailand, U.K or anywhere deliberately breaks the law they deserve to suffer the consequences and are not entitled to sympathy unless there are exceptional circumstances.

Both this lady and her husband flouted the law knowingly trying to buck the system and i might add not in Thailand but the host country U.K.

There are far to many genuine people affected by these actions.

A lot of farang cause us many problems at Thai immigration by doing the same sort of things when the law is the law, full stop.

How many times do we hear clever foreigners who think they can get out of following the rules when in their own countries they know that they wouldn,t even think of trying it on.

The same old argument/point " we all try to get away with something " is not true.

Most of us here and abroad do follow the rules of that country and abide by them in spite of the minority who think different.

If you want to show sympathy Seen all learnt nothing save it for the genuine people who suffer because of actions like these especially the families who are separated.

Lets spend our valuable time and knowledge trying to assist these and not others that do not deserve it.

Perhaps then also we will stand a better chance of bettering the system in the future.

By the way Seen all learnt nothing, no offence but your pen name suggest you may be linked to the minority, no animosity intended.

TO Marshbags:

Your extremist views and Xenophobian reactions are making me and many other decent people on this forum feel SICK.This forum is for help and advice,not for hatred and nastiness.You remind me of the British tabloids,the Sun,Daily m,etc.You are also narrow minded.Some European countries regularised the status of their overstayers,such as Belgium and Spain.Recently, the British liberal party is asking the British government to do the same and give overstayers legal status for the benefit of the British.Now are you smarter than these European countries and the liberal party supported by a lot of British citizens.

It is your turn to answer questions,instead of patronising and playing roles that dont suit you:

1-How many centuries did the British overstay in many foreign countries during the British empire?

2-How many people did they massacre?

3-How much wealth did they steal,especially from Asia ?

4-How many people die every day in the Middle East nowadays because of the British past policies?

5-How much illegal work are they doing this very moment in Iraq?

You must be proud of the British history now.

TO Marshbags:

Your extremist views and Xenophobian reactions are making me and many other decent people on this forum feel SICK.

Extremist? Xenophobian (sic)? Marshbags' view seems very similar to mine, that is genuine immigrants and visitors are welcome, but those who lie to obtain a visa, break the law when they are here and deliberately overstay are not wanted. If you think that is being extremist and xenophobic, then you obviously know the meaning of neither word.

As you only joined today, I wonder how you know what other people on this forum think. Or are you a regular hiding behind a pseudonym? In which case, the views of a coward who hides their identity are, IMHO, irrelevant.

You are right in one thing. This forum exists to give advice to people attempting to obtain visas to countries outside Thailand. Genuine people, with a genuine reason for wanting a visa. As Marshbags said

Lets spend our valuable time and knowledge trying to assist these and not others that do not deserve it.

Perhaps then also we will stand a better chance of bettering the system in the future.

TO Marshbags:

Your extremist views and Xenophobian reactions are making me and many other decent people on this forum feel SICK.

Extremist? Xenophobian (sic)? Marshbags' view seems very similar to mine, that is genuine immigrants and visitors are welcome, but those who lie to obtain a visa, break the law when they are here and deliberately overstay are not wanted. If you think that is being extremist and xenophobic, then you obviously know the meaning of neither word.

As you only joined today, I wonder how you know what other people on this forum think. Or are you a regular hiding behind a pseudonym? In which case, the views of a coward who hides their identity are, IMHO, irrelevant.

You are right in one thing. This forum exists to give advice to people attempting to obtain visas to countries outside Thailand. Genuine people, with a genuine reason for wanting a visa. As Marshbags said

I know by reading the news on visas on a regular basis there are many who are also being given a rough deal on visa problems.

I would hope that we are not alone in our views which are far from exteme and we really do care about deserving cases and are not being helped by the non deserving ones.

You must feel a lot better now " dima " after off loading all the above in the last post. phewwwwwwwwww

For the record dima :-

I am very proud to be British by birth and everthing positive that goes with it.

I am very proud of my British family/friends and what they/we have done and contributed to our society.

Your post doesn,t warrant any further comment apart from the fact that you are undermining all the good that comes from THAI visa in the many different areas we all contribute towards.

I will not go off this topic of trying to help deserving people and putting what i consider moderate, constructive opinion and healthy debate.

Thanks again GU22 for showing that you care and being prepared to defend decent,deserving people and for jumping straight in to help me.

Also for your non extremist opinions and what i consider are fair comments to the last post from dima.

Maybe one day she may need help from a genuine human being and lighten up a little when it is freely offered.

Lets all stay in the topic provided by the first post and add our personal imput for the big picture and help of everyone

This does not mean we all have to agree or it is not a healthy debate and with one aim:- to assist genuine serving cases.

:o:D:D Lets be careful out there Marshbags