Overstayed On A Non-Imm Type O

<br />
<br />Per above, just leave and re-enter. But be sure not to get caught before you reach the border.<br />
<br /><br />and here is the tricky one, if you go by land most of the time before you reach the Cambodian border there are check points and if they catch you there you got a problem.  I think the best is to leave by plane and pay your overstay at the airport.<br /><br />JDG<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I have made this trip approx. 50 times. I have never been stopped. Nor have anyone I know. I have heard about one incident, in Phuket, about 5 years ago. I found the story:

Actually, I have never been stopped and asked for passport (short of where you would expect it, of course).

I have one friend, though, who was stopped near the BTS in Thonglor. Unfortunately he had handed the passport into the Burmese embassy for visa. Had the slip. No mercy. Arrested for about 5 hours, and we paid 4000 Baht to get out.

Not just something I have been told, I was among those showing up on Thonglor police station to help him out. Police deaf to any arguments, like "How, then, are you supposed to get a visa...??"

Incredible!

Then, I have heard about on bar where the owner has a deal, and secretly calls the police if a customer mentions he has an overstay. 10 minutes later two plainclothes shows up and check everybody... Barowner gets 6000 Baht. I have the story from a very close friend who knows the owner very well, so I strongly believe it is a true story.

So: if you have overstay - do not talk about it to anyone.

But all in all - with the number of friends I have, stayng here for many years and never been asked for passport I'd say the chance is comparable to zero. Go confidently with a bus to the border.

Um, sorry to ask, but what type of NON O visa are you here on. Do you really need to do a border run? My impression of the O visa (O stands for other and is used for retired and married among a few others) is that you only need to report your address, I don't believe that you need to leave the country to do this. Am I wrong?

Maybe it is time that you found out the correct information. If I am correct then you just have to go to the local immigration department and advise your address. There will be a 2000B fine, and the new 90 days will start from your last expiry date.

This is well worth you looking at as at some point you have to go to an immigration department, either at the airport or at the main office. The outcome would be much the same either way.

Check it out mate.

A link to a website giving wrong information has been removed. Admin.

Edited by Lite Beer
Link Removed.

A few years back I went on an organised visa run in a mini van. One of the passengers was on overstay and sods law being as it is we were stopped at a checkpoint. The police involved could easily see what the purpose of our trip was and let us all carry on to the border, even after a passport inspection.

It is quite obvious that if you are on an organised visa run your intention is to be legal. I wouldn't worry about it myself, however it's your choice.

Mate, if you are here on a non O visa, re apply for the visa now, here in Thailand and save the visa run troubles. It will cost you to apply again but in the long run will save you lots of hassles.

A Non Imm O Visa gives you a stay of 90 days. After that you have to leave. If you have a valid Multi Entry you can return and get another 90 days.

The information given in the link you gave is totally wrong.

I have been living here for over two years on a Non O visa based on marriage to a Thai woman. I have not left the country once, and now I don't even go to the immigration office to report my address. I don't know what your information is, but I am totally legal, all of my stamps are legal.

If the writer of the original post is only 31 yo, then I guessed that he was not here as a retiree.

A Non Imm O Visa gives you a stay of 90 days. After that you have to leave. If you have a valid Multi Entry you can return and get another 90 days.

I have been living here for over two years on a Non O visa based on marriage to a Thai woman. I have not left the country once, and now I don't even go to the immigration office to report my address. I don't know what your information is, but I am totally legal, all of my stamps are legal.

If that is the case then you will have a large overstay fine to pay as a Non Imm O Visa gives a stay of 90 days.

If you actually have an extension of stay you have to report your address to Immigration.

If the writer of the original post is only 31 yo, then I guessed that he was not here as a retiree.

You are not here more than 90 days on any non immigrant O visa entry. So you are either overstay or you obtained one year extensions of stay from Immigration for marriage and if not leaving the country must report your address every 90 days (either by mail or someone visiting Immigration office). You do not obtain new non immigrant O visas inside Thailand.

I have been living here for over two years on a Non O visa based on marriage to a Thai woman. I have not left the country once, and now I don't even go to the immigration office to report my address. I don't know what your information is, but I am totally legal, all of my stamps are legal

What kind of stamps do you have? You haven't seen any immigration office since two years and haven't applied for a 1 year extension with showing 400000 Baht in your thai bank account? And you are still confident that your are legal in Thailand? LOL

Please take off your rose-coloured glasses!

I have been living here for over two years on a Non O visa based on marriage to a Thai woman. I have not left the country once, and now I don't even go to the immigration office to report my address. I don't know what your information is, but I am totally legal, all of my stamps are legal

What kind of stamps do you have? You haven't seen any immigration office since two years and haven't applied for a 1 year extension with showing 400000 Baht in your thai bank account? And you are still confident that your are legal in Thailand? LOL

Please take off your rose-coloured glasses!

I thought it should be 800,000 Baht? Is 400,000 Baht a new requirement?