What Will Happen To The Economy?

Despite all the retoric we all know who is pulling the strings , at the moment its all wonderfull ,foreign investors happy,workers happy . but what a polititian says to get elected isnt always what happens after they get in .

so 3/6 months down the line what do you think will happen , i heard one economist say buy baht now ,but sell in 2 months .

so whats to happen ,any thoughts?

I think the markets don't really care whether its the yellow or red shirts in charge- whats important is stability and one step towards stability is having a big majority in parliament which is exactly what has happened hence the big rise in the stock market/strengthened baht after the election. The likely new finance minster was the finnance minster under Thanksin , so the fact that he is experienced is a good sign- again, the markets will like it. I therefore predict stability and good economic growth IF thanskin stays away- if he comes back that may trigger demos & disruption.

There are some Thai ladies who sit in the alley near the soi 7 beer garden in Bangkok. If you give them some baht they will shuffle some cards around and then flip them over. As they flip them over they will predict the future for you with 100% accuracy. I know this is true because I have been told by many Thai bar girls who have used her and she has predicted their future for them.

So if you want to know the SET level or the exchange rate or what your lucky color is just visit these ladies. But beware of any ghosts who may be lurking nearby.

funny that

Same ladies who told you the retirement visa requirements will be raised to five million baht?

No they didnt' tell me that but they did tell me that I am a very handsome man and I didnt' want to argue with them even though I think they clearly need new glasses.

funny that

Same ladies who told you the retirement visa requirements will be raised to five million baht?

5.000.000 THB for retirement visa..............I dont think that would become real, who will have that amount in a Thai bank or income as pension?

funny that

5.000.000 THB for retirement visa..............I dont think that would become real, who will have that amount in a Thai bank or income as pension?

And Bombastic Bushkin starts yet another rumor...

Sorry, Johnny...

More inflation, higher unemployment, weaker baht, higher SET. Do the math.

I agree about higher inflation and higher unemployment ,as wages rise stores ect will cut staff as will petrol stations ,self service here we come ,security companys will put up prices and companys will do without, we have seen it in the west already , as for a lower baht that i dint know ,certainly seems that we wont have a stronger pound ,not with 0.5% interest rates.

There are some Thai ladies who sit in the alley near the soi 7 beer garden in Bangkok. If you give them some baht they will shuffle some cards around and then flip them over. As they flip them over they will predict the future for you with 100% accuracy. I know this is true because I have been told by many Thai bar girls who have used her and she has predicted their future for them.

So if you want to know the SET level or the exchange rate or what your lucky color is just visit these ladies. But beware of any ghosts who may be lurking nearby.

i gotta agree with pomchop here. They can predict lottery numbers too as well as most posters here on TV can predict how the Thai economy will do months in advance.

While i doubt it will happen, the 5 mil baht visa requirement can't be implemented soon enough.