Cheapest Place I N Thailand

Scoop1

hey best advise i could give.. would be just come to thailand stay in a cheap hotel and for about a week just walk down the sois of the areas you like and you will find some great cheap apartments.. i know it would be scary not to have the security of a apartment already but trust me you will find just what you are after as sometimes you dont see everything over the internet and might make a mistake... the room i have now i found by walking around.. just go to the office and ask to look if you like it and want it sort out some kind of contract.. normally about 6 month contract but you can get 3 month but might be a extra 1000 a month on top of the bill.. now my place is 4700 Baht a month plus maybe 1000 baht for bills and i love it great room loads of food around this area and has great transport etc but this building is not on the internet... good luck with your move to thailand with a budget of 60,000 a month you should have no problem.. most you should pay is 15,000 for a nice apartment thats comfortable and the GF will love it..

I'm not sure what elektrified is saying. I think he was being nice and commenting on my marginally clever turn of a phrase.

I'm saying exactly what I said: you can live like a prince on 60k. Like a king takes 100k.:D

That is the biggest joke I have heard. YOU CAN NOT live like a "Prince" on 60K or like a "King" on 100K per month in Thailand. Most people I know here live on 45-60K per month which includes most Thais I know. Many live on far more. I can assure you that they do not live like Princes or Princesses. Maybe 20-25 years ago... But not any more.

Don't listen to these people telling you that you can rent a place in Bangkok for 3K per month. The kind of place you would find for 3K per month in BKK would not be suitable for a dog.

Well, elektrified, your attitude is shocking! And, if that's the BIGGEST joke you've ever heard, you must lead a very boring life.

I guess some people are better with their finances than others....and no where in any of my posts did I mention Bangkok. Try to up your reading comprehension skills before putting words in my mouth and your foot in your mouth.

Scoop: Up north last year I lived like a prince outside of Chiang Mai. I had a full-time live-in housekeeper, a weekly gardener, no less than 5 massages--in house-- a week, a beautiful piece of land on a lake with three new fully furnished (quality antiques from China) bungalows, and I ate very well. Internet and a gym memebership, too.I never spent over 45k in a month.

The only reason I left is I missed the beach and folks in that area had a propensity to entertain themselves with homemade fireworks on a nightly basis.

Can you tell me exactly where this is and do they have a website and what is the name, cheers scoop

I think you've heard from quite a few here who are saying it's really best to be here and scout things out for yourself. I almost rented an apartment when we first moved here 2 years ago off an internet ad. We decided not to, and we lost the apartment as it was rented out when we arrived 2 months later.

Luckily, we didn't rent it. The pics looked great, but the location was horrible. Right on a noisy road with construction all the time. Dirty, dusty, noisy...it would have been horrible.

Just something to think about...and as happyrobert said, he left for a reason. Noise is a big problem here.

I'm not sure what elektrified is saying. I think he was being nice and commenting on my marginally clever turn of a phrase.

I'm saying exactly what I said: you can live like a prince on 60k. Like a king takes 100k.:D

That is the biggest joke I have heard. YOU CAN NOT live like a "Prince" on 60K or like a "King" on 100K per month in Thailand. Most people I know here live on 45-60K per month which includes most Thais I know. Many live on far more. I can assure you that they do not live like Princes or Princesses. Maybe 20-25 years ago... But not any more.

Don't listen to these people telling you that you can rent a place in Bangkok for 3K per month. The kind of place you would find for 3K per month in BKK would not be suitable for a dog.

Well, elektrified, your attitude is shocking! And, if that's the BIGGEST joke you've ever heard, you must lead a very boring life.

I guess some people are better with their finances than others....and no where in any of my posts did I mention Bangkok. Try to up your reading comprehension skills before putting words in my mouth and your foot in your mouth.

Scoop: Up north last year I lived like a prince outside of Chiang Mai. I had a full-time live-in housekeeper, a weekly gardener, no less than 5 massages--in house-- a week, a beautiful piece of land on a lake with three new fully furnished (quality antiques from China) bungalows, and I ate very well. Internet and a gym memebership, too.I never spent over 45k in a month.

The only reason I left is I missed the beach and folks in that area had a propensity to entertain themselves with homemade fireworks on a nightly basis.

Can you tell me exactly where this is and do they have a website and what is the name, cheers scoop

I will PM you with details and photos. No websites. These are bungalows built by folks on their land as a source of extra income. No deposits, no leases, if you want -- and that's my strong suggestion. Have fun, look around, take your time. Where I live the beach is small but secluded and quiet. You would, however, need a hobby!

If you are coming soon, the prices will be even better. (S)low season now.

A bit busy today, but I'll get the info to you this weekend.