Gekko Garden Cm

bully

You can barely be in Gekko Garden for five minutes let alone a regular for as many years without meeting the owner who, it seems to me, works amazingly hard to keep his customers happy. To post here without first getting a response from him is inconsiderate in the extreme.

Wednesday Special: Boss's Salad if I recall.

What does the owner of this establishment have anything to do with that the OP was scammed by his new acquaintance? :unsure:

They were aparently individual drinkers at the bar not a table. I would expect them to be treated with seperate bills.

From the OP.

I had an amusing conversation with an American man sitting next to me at the bar.

He offered me a large beer and ordered a small beer for himself

Sitting at the bar or sitting at a table. What's the difference? :blink:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent beef sandwich last night for me and my friends.... along

with their great deal on Asahi beer

Rudi on hand checking that everything was ok and chatting generally with customers.

STILL not sure how a quite bite to eat and a beer with a couple of mates ended up with us all not getting home till 2.40am!

Wife was in a surprisingly good mood this morning too :)

happy days :)

David

This sounds like it was just a mistake and really no ones fault, but the new staff member did not want to pay for it. My guess is that if the owner were around it would have been resolved with no hard feelings.

..another good reason to pay for your beers as you order each one.

Should we make a fundraising to the OP? :rolleyes:

Not sure if that is needed. I think he is just disapointed that what had been his safe reliable place where he did not have to count his change is no more. Staff leaving do upset customers.

Thanks for your understanding, you are totally right. A place where you can go to the toilet while leave your wallet and

mobile phone on the bar. ( I will do nowhere but you can) A place where the owner is for more then a 100 % reliable and an excellent host as well. You can sit relaxed and I indeed never check my final bill.

In this special case I very well knew the moment I order my 3 rd beer there where 2 marks on the bar receipt only.

When I paid the bill it turned into 4 marks , black magic :(.

I certainly had reasons for complaints over the past 5 years. At Rudy's place especially I hate to complain and for the better understanding, certainly not for a 65 Thb bottle of beer.

What happened right now was ,,a bridge too far,, and has everything to do with the service provided.

By the way, the guy that bought me the drink is an American army pensioner, certainly not a freeloader.

Doesn't seem worth it getting so hot under the collar and having days ruined because of the cost of a single Thai beer. In future pay for each beer when you get it. Simple.

I think Rudy would welcome the OP's complaint, as it's the sort of thing I believe he would sort out pronto.

Now it turns out he's had reason's for complaint in the previous 5 years, funny he didn't mention that at the start?

I think Rudy would welcome the OP's complaint, as it's the sort of thing I believe he would sort out pronto.

Now it turns out he's had reason's for complaint in the previous 5 years, funny he didn't mention that at the start?

As I said earlier one complaint in five yearts not bad.

Now all of a sudden when most people will not buy into his story there have been other incidents. Keep it up and there will be two complaints a week suffered through in the hopes of getting more sympathy.

You claimed it was a place.

"A place where you can go to the toilet while leave your wallet and

mobile phone on the bar."

with all the complaints you thought you really could do that.

TROLL

Now all of a sudden when most people will not buy into his story there have been other incidents. Keep it up and there will be two complaints a week suffered through in the hopes of getting more sympathy.

TROLL

Yeah right on - anyone who goes to the toilet and leaves their mobile phone and wallet on the bar in Thailand (or anywhere) is an idiot.

It's not unusual when some places are not doing well, for someone to make up a story about a competitor. However, this particular story seems to have brought out all the positive things about Gecko.

TROLL

Yeah right on - anyone who goes to the toilet and leaves their mobile phone and wallet on the bar in Thailand (or anywhere) is an idiot.

It's not unusual when some places are not doing well, for someone to make up a story about a competitor. However, this particular story seems to have brought out all the positive things about Gecko.

That settles it. I'm headed down for happy hour.

Edited by CMX

I have not been to this bar but I do know of other bars where billing mistakes are taken out of the wages of the bar workers. Maybe she was upset because if you did not pay for the beer then SHE would be paying for it.

Personally, I think we need a bit of perspective here. These bar workers earn a pittance. If you are so hard up for money that you get this upset over one beer then go home and get a <deleted> job. I am sick of stingy farang, they are just as bad as gold digging so-pay-knee....

greenside

re ... Wednesday Special: Boss's Salad if I recall.

your right .... i was going to post this yesterday but guess what ; (

grrrrr ... dave2

Thanks for that Dave, certainly great meal deals and the beer is cheap (even if you buy it yourself). wink.gif

The special today is spaghetti and it is not bad.

Try the Fish & Chips UG - not necessarily the greatest (relatively speaking), but at half the price of other places, represents excellent value.

Maybe I'll see you there today.wink.gif

The OP got suckered in by this Yank, so it`s not the Restaurant’s fault.

What the Yank did is the oldest trick in the book, he saw a likely looking mug, pretends to befriend him and then walks away leaving the tab to his new so called best friend.

Just put this down to experience and I certainly would not let this incident deter me from visiting the restaurant in the future.

The OP got suckered in by this Yank, so it`s not the Restaurant's fault.

What the Yank did is the oldest trick in the book, he saw a likely looking mug, pretends to befriend him and then walks away leaving the tab to his new so called best friend.

Just put this down to experience and I certainly would not let this incident deter me from visiting the restaurant in the future.

I wonder if the OP is conected to this restaurant? I mean, it got a lot of free advertisement. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know what the special is there on Wed. nights?

Big Salads!

Actually it is the boss salad.

compared to the Chief's salad it is just OK.

Now with the Chief's salad you are in a world of super fine salad's

Well any how that is how I feel about it.

I don't drink but if I am in there bully I will buy you a large beer.

seems to me it was a very common scam by the new staff member.

the guy who offered the beer probably paid for it, but the bartender saw her opportunity to charge that offered and paid beer again and put that extra on her pocket straight away.

i might be wrong also, but it sounds quite weird that someone is buying you a beer and doesn't pay for it. what's the point of doing that?

I've never been to Geko garden and generally avoid the farang orientated bars in that part of town. Given the petty comments on this thread about the venue, it sounds like somewhere to avoid, whether the OP is right or wrong. There was a similar thread a few weeks back which made me take mental not: don't go to Number One bar :whistling:

I'm sure the venues are fine, but they seem to have a real weird bunch of customers :unsure:

Have to say I've eaten here many a time and always go back in when in CM.

The Burmese staff are great.

Well done to the owner.

Seems like the OP has been done by some scamming customer. :rolleyes:

Edited by hehehoho

I've never been to Geko garden and generally avoid the farang orientated bars in that part of town. Given the petty comments on this thread about the venue, it sounds like somewhere to avoid, whether the OP is right or wrong. There was a similar thread a few weeks back which made me take mental not: don't go to Number One bar :whistling:

I'm sure the venues are fine, but they seem to have a real weird bunch of customers :unsure:

No. 1 bar is in whore street, unsurprisingly with hoes working there.

Gekho restaurant is not, and doesn't.

Excellent beef sandwich last night for me and my friends.... along

with their great deal on Asahi beer

Rudi on hand checking that everything was ok and chatting generally with customers.

STILL not sure how a quite bite to eat and a beer with a couple of mates ended up with us all not getting home till 2.40am!

Wife was in a surprisingly good mood this morning too :)

happy days :)

David

Asahi is good stuff, maybe the lack of a hangover makes the mood, and on special, wish I was there now......

No. 1 bar is in whore street, unsurprisingly with hoes working there.

Gekho restaurant is not, and doesn't.

That is too bad, but I still prefer dining at the Gecko restaurant despite the morality.

Edited by Ulysses G.

i might be wrong also, but it sounds quite weird that someone is buying you a beer and doesn't pay for it. what's the point of doing that?

The OP states; "Before he finished his small beer he left the bar. I had the impression that he did not feel good".

Sounds like the guy might have been tanked to the gills and not thinking clearly.

Given the OP's words, I would tend to think that the staff were probably correct.