• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Importing Shoes From China

I'm trying to find out the import duty rates for importation of shoes and clothes into Thailand. These are made in China and we would import them for resale here in Thailand.

If somebody could point me to a schedule of import tax rate for shoes and clothes, it would be appreciated.

I don't have the exact information you need, but I am sure you can find it on a Thai government website covering importation of goods. Just look for import duties on textiles. Be prepared to have it be much more than you think since finished textiles tend to be one of the most heavily taxed. And of course, if it is coming from China you will probably have a few extra surprises waiting such as proof of IP, materials analysis, etc... Then of course, there is the fun of politics. Is there any trade quarrels going on between Thailand & China? Does this product fit into any of the anti-dumping laws, etc..

Oh, once more piece of advice. Don't drastically understate the value of the goods for customs so you can get away with lower taxes, import fees and other costs. If they don't believe your valuation, they may just assign one of their own and that number will most assuredly be MUCH higher than the true value. (Not to mention the penalties and such.)

I don't have the exact information you need, but I am sure you can find it on a Thai government website covering importation of goods. Just look for import duties on textiles. Be prepared to have it be much more than you think since finished textiles tend to be one of the most heavily taxed. And of course, if it is coming from China you will probably have a few extra surprises waiting such as proof of IP, materials analysis, etc... Then of course, there is the fun of politics. Is there any trade quarrels going on between Thailand & China? Does this product fit into any of the anti-dumping laws, etc..

Oh, once more piece of advice. Don't drastically understate the value of the goods for customs so you can get away with lower taxes, import fees and other costs. If they don't believe your valuation, they may just assign one of their own and that number will most assuredly be MUCH higher than the true value. (Not to mention the penalties and such.)

Hi, thanks for your comments.

Oddly, I can't find this information via google. There must be a site that provides tax rates for items such as shoes, children's shoes etc. Hopefully somebody has a link to it.

You can get many shoes in Thailand very cheap and of good quality, also you can get them made to order , very inexpensively, I would have a realy good think about where you are going , with your business venture. best of luck though.