Planning My Getaway From Canada To Thailand, How Can I Stay There For A Bit ?

Hi, pretty general question here and hoping you folks and give me some ideas.

I would like to spend a year or so in Thailand and will need to keep working for my sanity, or study at least.

I am not that attracted to teaching english although I would like to try it and see what it is really like.

Things I WISH i could do : Open a bar or guesthouse ! thats #1 ( i don't have the big bucks they want)

Sell stuff from Thailand online to Canadians (seems hard to get this kind of work permit, no ?)

Make music festivals (seems like I can't do this)

Dj in clubs (seems I could get a 2 week permit or so, but complicated)

Skills I have but hope I don't have to use there : website design, graphic design....

I am kind of out of ideas of how I could hang out in Thailand, other than taking a thai language course or some other kind of study.

Can anyone share any ideas about how I can make my dream a reality, perhaps I would move to thailand for a few years if I could ! There sure is enough Thais that move to Canada and get to do what they want , I wish there was some sort of exchange system lol

You have pretty much answered your own question! Think you covered all the options.

Cheapest options would be studying( Thai lang, Thai cooking course or Muay Thai)

Or like you said! Become a English teacher. All will get you a 1 yr visa.

Or start a business if you have a few million bt.

Do you know this.

Say if I was going around to shops and buying stuff there, and the selling this stuff to Canadians and shipping them out one at a time from Thailand, how can I get a permit to do this ?