Yingluck A 'Mature' Student : Former Teachers

webfact

PM CANDIDATE

Yingluck a 'mature' student : former teachers

By Ekkapong Praditpong,

Warattaya Chailanka

The Nation

30159678-01.jpg

Former teachers and classmates of Yingluck Shinawatra, who was relatively unknown before entering politics a few months ago, said the prime minister-elect had been a mature student with good ideas and good manners.

Nat Chapanon, former head of the political science department and deputy rector of Chiang Mai University, said he and his fellow teachers were concerned that Yingluck was very new to politics.

However, she was getting strong support from her brother Thaksin and the politicians around her, he said, adding that she already had experience running a large company.

Nat said Yingluck was his student when he was in charge of international relations.

At that time she did not show much interest in politics, though she stood out as being more mature and responsible than others her age.

She was appointed to be one of three students in charge of selecting topics for student projects. She was also well known as she was tall and had fair skin, he said.

"As I am her former teacher, I would like to recommend Yingluck follow the teachings of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej in governing the country with justice," he said. "If she takes that to heart and uses it as her administration principle and adjusts it to suit the changed society, I'm confident that her administration will run smoothly."

Wissanu Chaikaewmae, Yingluck's high-school teacher, said all the teachers who taught Yingluck agreed she was a quiet girl with good manners.

She joined the school's best manners contest every year while studying and was nominated to join many other contests and activities such as physical fitness and school plays. She also carried the sign in leading the athletes during sports day.

Wissanu said Yingluck was a creative girl who received compliments from teachers regularly.

Mahawan Kawang, Yingluck's classmate and chairman of her class at Yupparaj Wittayalai School, said Yingluck was the class treasurer.

She was always a member of the student committee when she was studying. She was not an activity fanatic but never refused to join in any activity or event, Mahawan said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-07

She's 44 years old now. She left Chiang Mai University 23 years ago. What relevance to her current position as prime minister of Thailand does her undergraduate education have?

The Nation must be desperate for stories if this is the best they can come up with!

What next, the doctor who delivered her telling us hers was an easy birth? "Didn't give us any trouble, just slipped out. Didn't even have to be slapped, burst into tears as soon as she was out. I knew for sure she'd be a leader". And when will we be seeing the Kentucky Fried University, or whoever it was, boasting she studied there? Strange that they're not making more, or indeed anything, of having a PM graduate.

Edited by ballpoint

"She was also well known as she was tall and had fair skin..."

"She joined the school's best manners contest every year while studying and was nominated to join many other contests and activities such as physical fitness and school plays. She also carried the sign in leading the athletes during sports day."

Oh, phew!... and here I was thinking that she may not have the necessary qualities for being a PM. :lol:

She attended Regina Coeli College (so, Queen of Heaven College, so she's a good Catholic girl?) But she is not a virgin, but neither is she married to the father of her child. I can't imagine the Vatican looking kindly upon this, really.

How much sin sot will I have to pay if I ever get close to marrying her?

She attended Regina Coeli College (so, Queen of Heaven College, so she's a good Catholic girl?) But she is not a virgin, but neither is she married to the father of her child. I can't imagine the Vatican looking kindly upon this, really.

While obviously I haven´t seen anything about Yingluck that makes her PM material, I think personal attacks at that level are uncalled for. What goes on on her personal life, her child and the father of the child is their business alone.

I'm sure Yingluck is probably a nice person and well meaning.

Regardless of her exemplary scholastic record, glowing recommendations from he ex-teacher who was just flattered to get a phone call from a newspaper, her job at the helm of a major corporation and all of 6 weeks involved in politics, I'm pretty sure they are those that are more qualified to lead Thailand.

It's impossible to separate her Brother and Yingluck, for without him, she would not have wound up as Prime Minister of Thailand.

I would like nothing more than to see whoever was PM succeed for the benefit of Thailand.

But it's like when I draw a 5 and a 2 on the Poker table. I hope I can swing two 5's on the flop, but I also know that the chances of that happening are extremely rare.

Yingluck will be a footnote on her Brothers wikipedia page.

While obviously I haven´t seen anything about Yingluck that makes her PM material, I think personal attacks at that level are uncalled for. What goes on on her personal life, her child and the father of the child is their business alone.

Oh dear,oh dear, someone doesn't get my feeble attempt at Private Eye-type satire. So, at what "level" is a personal attack allowable? Calling her unfit to be PM (not PM "material") is ok, but reference to her attending a Catholic school is not????

But anyway, that is not a personal attack, merely schoolboyish humour, and the stuff about "virgins" and not being married is factual and checkable, and therefore clearly not an attack. Unless to state facts has somehow become indicative of a personal attack (which of course is absurd). Besides, no one hesitates to attack her brother, personally, on this website, so I am in good company.

Even the "sin sot" reference (being absurd) ...is clearly not an "attack". Lighten up, my gloomy friend.

Oh dear,oh dear, someone doesn't get my feeble attempt at Private Eye-type satire.

"I had that Yingluck Shinawatra in the back of the cab once, nice lady, but burst into tears when I asked her a couple of questions" :rolleyes:

"As I am her former teacher, I would like to recommend Yingluck follow the teachings of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej in governing the country with justice," he said. "If she takes that to heart and uses it as her administration principle and adjusts it to suit the changed society, I'm confident that her administration will run smoothly."

adjusts it to suit the changed society.

He must not be aware that society has changed to the point that to be it's leader you don't even have to live in the country.

In my opinion that is not a step forward.

All in all it is over. Now we can only hope that there is not to much damage done. And who knows we might be surprised.

There was not a lot expected of the king when he took office and he went on to greatness.

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the woman; thrust into the spotlight by her brother, probably told that it's her duty to the family, totally unprepared, unqualified, having to lie through her teeth in a vein attempt to pretend that it's not her brother pulling the strings. What a total nightmare. Or maybe this is the chance she's been waiting for... I'll be watching with interest as this farce unfolds.

Well that's nice to know.

I expect she never threatened anyone with: 'Don't email me again' then.

You know that kind of intimidating, threatening abuse of power over people who are there to be kicked by faceless bullies.

Who take it personally of course.

Banana anyone anyone?