Pattaya Language School Recomendations

NotBitter

Hi Guys,

This morning I woke up to the article about the crackdown on ED visas and people who pay for the visa without attending the school for their language classes.

What also concerned me is that it seems that a lot of language schools don't have qualified staff. I noticed this myself actually as my girlfriend is a qualified German and English teacher and after applying at a lot of local language schools, realised that most would not offer her a working visa but an ED visa instead. This was a concern at the time.

Anyway, in light of that topic this morning I have been meaning to ask for ages for recommendations for good quality Thai language schools in Pattaya. I live in East Pattaya, so somewhere round here would be perfect but not essential. I do want to learn the language and actually attend as I feel quite ignorant being in Thailand and having to speak in English all the time so a quality school is more important to me than the cheapest one!

Any recommendations for places where people have a had good experience would be really appreciated. There are so many round here and after reading the article this morning, I want to make sure I am going to one with qualified staff where I am learning as fast as possible. Or more than that I don't want the place to get closed down halfway through a class!

Cheers in advance guys,

Mark

Two of my friends attended and one's wife currently attend a language school in Jomtien which they all rave about. It's right next door to the No. 1 AGoGo, and I believe the name of the school is Jomtien Language School. A French lady owns & runs it. If you want her number, PM me and I'll get it from one of my friends. Good luck, krap.

B)

Walen School as on here. Not on the east side but right near Big C Extra in Soi Yume, Central Road.

AUA Language at the Dolphin roundabout on North Pattaya Road has a good reputation; PM to me if you want the name of a good private teacher with an office near the bus station on North Road.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Two of my friends attended and one's wife currently attend a language school in Jomtien which they all rave about. It's right next door to the No. 1 AGoGo, and I believe the name of the school is Jomtien Language School. A French lady owns & runs it. If you want her number, PM me and I'll get it from one of my friends. Good luck, krap.

B)

Interested as well in this jomtien school since i live very near and because from first of december i need new visa solutions :rolleyes: Anyone has firsthand experiences about this school ? teaching methods etc? Btw their website seems to be http://pattaya-language.com/. I quess i could study english also since english is not my native language..They seem to have have "beginner" and "Intermediate" level.. Well maby i could be intermediate then or what is their beginnerlevel in practise? :huh:

Are there any other language schools in jomtien area ?

Edited by thaitero