B Visa Problem With Work Permit

Hi, hoping someone can advise me.

My wife was offered a job with a Bangkok clinic and we obtained a B visa for her and an O for myself and our child as dependents in Australia. We requested a 12-month visa with multiple entries.

Our passport entry stamps say we can stay until 10th August 2011. The problem is that the clinic has messed up their paperwork and told us today that it may take another 4-weeks for them to complete (!) So the chance of obtaining an extension by 11th August is not looking good.

My questions are:

1. As we have multiple entry visas can we leave Thailand before 10th August and then re-enter using the same visas?

2. Is there any way we can apply for extensions to our visas and not have to leave the country while the clinic gets their act together?

3. If we have to leave before 10th August and cannot reenter on our visas do we have to return to Australia and start again, or can we go to KL or Singapore and apply there?

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes

2. No

3. You will not have this issue on multiple entry visas, but yes you can apply at any consulate.

Thanks for the very fast response! I've just checked my passport and it states that it is valid for multiple journeys and must be utilised before 9 May 2012. It does not say anything about being valid for 1-year. Am I right it thinking that that the 2012 date means it stays valid for one year?

Sorry for my ignorance but have to make a quick decision about whether to leave and reenter so want to make sure I am understanding correctly.