Boy, 2, Stabbed To Death In Hostage Ordeal In Prawet

Lite Beer

Parents Attack 2-year-old Boy Killer at Re-enactment

Locals ganged up on the murderer of a two-year-old boy on Saturday when he was brought to the crime scene by the police to re-enact the incident.

Locals and relatives of two-year-old Thanapat Ketkaew, could not control their emotions when Taweechai Nathongbor was brought to the Number One Cleaning Service Company in Soi Chalermprakiat in the Pravej area to re-enact the kidnapping and murder of the boy.

The suspect said when he woke up on Saturday morning, he was hallucinating and felt as though he was being followed.

When he came down the stairs, he saw the boy taking a nap so he took the boy hostage and put a knife to the boy's body.

Multiple attempts at negotiations failed, before police found an opportunity to charge at the man.

The boy sustained multiple knife wounds to his body and eventually succumbed to his injuries at the hospital later in the day.

Police said the suspect had a history of drug use as well as dealing heroine.

The parents of the boy, Thanapol and Napakkarn Ketkaew, have taken the boy’s body from the Police Hospital to the Pakbor Temple in the Onnuch area for funeral services.

The boy’s mother said she does not feel animosity towards her son’s nanny or the suspect, adding that she believes the nanny did her best and that anger will not bring her son back.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-07-11

footer_n.gif

I saw this re-enactment on TV last night. They had him sitting 1 metre away from the parents explaining what happened. The TV coverage then proceeded to have him give a statement to explain. They gave him a teddy bear and a plastic knife where he showed how he stabbed the child. It was horrendous to watch and listen to.

How the hell the parents sat there, and for anyone to express shock that they tried to attack him (they kicked out at him) really does make me wonder if I understand anything about this country at all.

Parents Attack 2-year-old Boy Killer at Re-enactment

Locals ganged up on the murderer of a two-year-old boy on Saturday when he was brought to the crime scene by the police to re-enact the incident.

Locals and relatives of two-year-old Thanapat Ketkaew, could not control their emotions when Taweechai Nathongbor was brought to the Number One Cleaning Service Company in Soi Chalermprakiat in the Pravej area to re-enact the kidnapping and murder of the boy.

The suspect said when he woke up on Saturday morning, he was hallucinating and felt as though he was being followed.

When he came down the stairs, he saw the boy taking a nap so he took the boy hostage and put a knife to the boy's body.

Multiple attempts at negotiations failed, before police found an opportunity to charge at the man.

The boy sustained multiple knife wounds to his body and eventually succumbed to his injuries at the hospital later in the day.

Police said the suspect had a history of drug use as well as dealing heroine.

The parents of the boy, Thanapol and Napakkarn Ketkaew, have taken the boy’s body from the Police Hospital to the Pakbor Temple in the Onnuch area for funeral services.

The boy’s mother said she does not feel animosity towards her son’s nanny or the suspect, adding that she believes the nanny did her best and that anger will not bring her son back.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-07-11

footer_n.gif

I saw this re-enactment on TV last night. They had him sitting 1 metre away from the parents explaining what happened. The TV coverage then proceeded to have him give a statement to explain. They gave him a teddy bear and a plastic knife where he showed how he stabbed the child. It was horrendous to watch and listen to.

How the hell the parents sat there, and for anyone to express shock that they tried to attack him (they kicked out at him) really does make me wonder if I understand anything about this country at all.

And if numerous policemen and other observers watched the whole original act, why was there any need for a reinactment?