Myanmar Visa

I am unable to get current visa rqrmts..Can anyone please tell me ...is VOA finished?Is it relatively simple to make a visa in The Myanmar Embassy Bangkok.We will be travelling independantly..I.E not through a travel agency....thank you in advance..Thomas

Hi! Your best bet 's to hop onto aircon bus to Siam Reap@17us dollars from BKK airport,paying camboadia visa on arrival @20 dollar, stay in siam reap for one night, log onto myanmar airways intl. website and make online e-tickets to rangoon from siam reap, then boarding your next day flight to rangoon from siam reap airport , You 'll surely get your myanmar visa on arrival in rangoon airport...while you must be passenger of MAI departing from siam reap or kuangchow

no need to obtain visa in advance if you're passenger of MAI departing from sieam reap /kuangchow... VOA still valid 4 the above mentioned MAI passenger. Don't believe red Thai! Come to cambodia and fly MAI, no problem 4 visa.

For MAI passengers, VOA only takes 3 minutes with fotos+30dollar, if holding invitation, business visa also can be granted immediatelly 45dollar. MyanmaR IMMIGRATION Offgicers're far more friendly efficiently than ugly thai /evil china communists immigration officers at all level.

• 8 months later...

VOA can be arranged through a travel agent, takes a lot of advance planning. Getting the visa at the embassy is not a problem (except that you have to invest half a day to stand in line these days to hand in your passport, photo, and application form and have to come back later to pick up your passport).

There appears to be an e-visa now, which you can apply for via internet, check out the pinned topics.