PM Abhisit Convenes Last Cabinet Meeting

webfact

POLITICS

PM Abhisit convenes last cabinet meeting

By The Nation

30160092-01.jpg

Outgoing Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva today convened his last cabinet meeting, thanking his cabinet members and Government House officials for working with him.

Abhisit thanked all cabinet members for working together, initiating new policies and jointly solving the country's problems. He also congratulated some cabinet members who will be returning to work with the government of Yingluck Shinawatra.

Government spokesman Panithan Wattanayakorn quoted Abhisit as thanking Government House officials for cooperating and working for his government and the country.

Representing the cabinet, Deputy Prime Minister Sanan Kajornprasart thanked Abhisit and praised him for being openminded and listening to recommendations and opinions of the cabinet members.

"We wish that Abhisit will lead the Democrat party back to be the government. I am ready to work with Khun Abhisit again," Sanan said.

Panithan told reporters that the Abhisit government had convened 133 times. Today was the 133rd meeting.

During the last meeting, the Cabinet approved a draft royal decree convening the new parliamentary session for 2011.

The draft has yet to be sent for royal command, Panithan said.

Panitan said that Abhisit government will continue working until the new government takes office. It duties would include overseeing the flood situation in Pichit and Phitsanulok provinces.

Moreover Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya is leading a team to the Netherlands on July 14 or 15 to listen to International Court of Justice's ruling on the Preah Vihear Temple.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-12

Just can't understand all you guys thinking that now Thailand will brake apart, democracy will be gone etc etc....

specially, I think such comments are insulting to the majority of Thai people who decided that the current government did not do any good to them and decided to change the course of their country.

Agenda Item number 1. Good bye democracy. Will the last person to leave please switch the lights off? Thailand now returns to the Dark Force Ages.

This would be a better post if you could add the theme tune for the empire in starwars..

Edited by dumpling

Just can't understand all you guys thinking that now Thailand will brake apart, democracy will be gone etc etc....

specially, I think such comments are insulting to the majority of Thai people who decided that the current government did not do any good to them and decided to change the course of their country.

You know, you could very well be right, but if I may ask; what do you suppose is the significance of all the Cambodian related news of late?

Welcome to TV forum. Shame that with your first post, you have mostly likely opened the floodgates for a barrage of criticisms that will come your way.

Well the 1st 3 words were spot on! just got here?

Swiss 1960, Yes, welcome to the forum - unfortunately this tends to be the level of debate from some of the forum members.

OzMick, So what other words of wisdom are you going to add? You obviously disagree with Swiss 1960's post but why - I don't see you explaining why the post is wrong nor do you offer anything else for discussion. Would you care to elaborate or are you just content to berate the person for it being their first post and you happen to not agree with it?

Swiss 1960, Yes, welcome to the forum - unfortunately this tends to be the level of debate from some of the forum members.

OzMick, So what other words of wisdom are you going to add? You obviously disagree with Swiss 1960's post but why - I don't see you explaining why the post is wrong nor do you offer anything else for discussion. Would you care to elaborate or are you just content to berate the person for it being their first post and you happen to not agree with it?

Interestingly our new member improved his style with his second post: "Gim'me a break!", "such stupid actions is causing other riots" and "Should'nt the loosers give it a break"

Interestingly our new member improved his style with his second post: "Gim'me a break!", "such stupid actions is causing other riots" and "Should'nt the loosers give it a break"

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4554183

The complete post is

"EC Tuesday meeting has discussed and voted on the complaint filed against Ms Yingluck who cooked fried noodle and distributed to crowd during her election campaign"

Gim'me a break! Is this really disqualifying her for her new role as PM??? What games are those people playing? Disqualifying the majority of Thai voters at the same time. All that will happen with such stupid actions is causing other riots...

Should'nt the loosers give it a break and let her show how she can do this job? Then... no later than 4 years from now, a new vote will take place and then her followers might change their mind about her qualification...

So despite your selective, dare I say mocking, reproduction of part of the second post can you not agree on reading it in full it was at least trying to discuss an opinion. As opposed to the Ozmick style debating technique which offers nothing to the debate other than disdain of the posters opinion and personal history? And there are several others of that ilk, who thankfully faded away once the election was over.

It is also interesting to note that our new member is indeed a 51 yr old Swiss (as suggested by his/her handle), then you should know that the Swiss have the purest form of democracy anywhere in the world. The Swiss knows about democracy, more than any other farang.

It is also interesting to note that our new member is indeed a 51 yr old Swiss (as suggested by his/her handle), then you should know that the Swiss have the purest form of democracy anywhere in the world. The Swiss knows about democracy, more than any other farang.

The Swiss also have 'double standards' worked out to perfection, IMHO.

Anyway, we're drifting away from the OP "PM Abhisit convenes last cabinet meeting". I'd like to say 'well done in difficult times and thank you', but I'm afraid that could be construed as inviting members to get annoyed and start to flame which is really against forum rules.

So let me just say 'good night you all; take care and hope to cross swords again tomorrow'

The Swiss also have 'double standards' worked out to perfection, IMHO.

Anyway, we're drifting away from the OP "PM Abhisit convenes last cabinet meeting". I'd like to say 'well done in difficult times and thank you', but I'm afraid that could be construed as inviting members to get annoyed and start to flame which is really against forum rules.

So let me just say 'good night you all; take care and hope to cross swords again tomorrow'

I will let the Swiss member defend his corner on double standards :) I remember reading somewhere where you confessed to being Dutch, so this is a purely European thing.

On a personal level, I consider K Abhisit a very capable person, obviously intelligent, highly educated and "sympathisch". That is why I have not in a single post, criticised the man. He was sadly in the wrong place at the wrong time and hopefully, he will get his chance to lead Thailand once again. It would seem that his best bet would be to form his own party.

None, succinctness is a virtue. I was merely pointing out that being new to TVF and quite likely Thailand, he may well not understand the political history and climate. What's your excuse? You may also wish to check the dictionary definition of "berate," as I didn't consider my post to be scolding, there was certainly no anger involved,or any great length.