Cat Cdma

BuckarooBanzai

Has anyone noticed an increase in upload overhead on standard Thai-Visa - etc. surfing. I used to experience about 10% of the download traffic as a normal amount for the upload traffic. Now it has more than doubled. In other words if I had 1-meg of surf (download) I would also have about 100-k of upload traffic (confirmation etc.) Now it is over 20%. Anyone else have this or am I just lucky. Any thoughts (constructive) would be welcome. As to the Cat CDMA it is now sleeping over half the time here in Surin, one minute on - two minutes off etc - so I would certainly not recommend it even to my mother-in-law.

The increase is a concern as somebody obviously wants more information off my computer.

Edited by BuckarooBanzai

Ok, I am the only one with a cat cdma server that sleeps more than half the time for which I pay full price. Not only do I pay them but they spend half the time uploading crap off my computer. I find it hard to believe that big brother is not here even though I have done nothing to deserve this. Thanks for the input!

• 3 months later...

I have CAT CDMA and wonder if my problems are typical.

If I stay idle for a few minutes, the connection often seems to die (sometimes "Searching", sometimes "Connected" but with no bytes coming down). To recover I usually remove and reinsert modem once or twice and reconnect. However, if I'm not idle (e.g. uploading a large file, or downloading a large video) it is rare to be disconnected. Sometimes I keep a large upload running just to stay connected.

Sometimes I get errors during initial connection. Again recovery is by remove/reinsert modem.

CAT guy says he suspects virus on my laptop. But Avast reports no viruses. I tried a newer modem dirver with similar problems (and had to revert back due to another problem).

Comments, please?

-- Sam

(PS: I didn't have the background upload running and ... sure enough ... had to remove/reinsert/reconnect while clicking Post just now! )

Edited by singburisam