Rice Prices Increasing

jay-uk

Remember that most replies you may get here are provbably for Hom Mali paddy which will sell at the 20,000 baht price in the new scheme if implemented. 15,000 bqaht is for non "jasmine" fragrant Hom Mali rice. I don't really think eeven 1 % of the farmers in Issan have a second or third crop and most of the rice growers here are from Issan. the millers really made a fortune last time this was done by re-selling old rice and also smuggled foreighn rice to the govt. More of the same old same old will be going on again as the govt for sure has to implement this as it is the most deeply felt issue to their main constituency in Issan and benefits all their rich cronies too. It was a fiasco last time around and we all suffered the after effects when it was gone. Foolishly not Forgetting on a Ford Forever

So that converts to about 15 to 20 baht per Kg with husk right? and a typical farm I have read ranges from 350 to 450 kgs per Rai depending on land, techniques used and conditions etc?

So that converts to about 15 to 20 baht per Kg with husk right? and a typical farm I have read ranges from 350 to 450 kgs per Rai depending on land, techniques used and conditions etc?

Bingo, but good sustainable methods and reasonable weather should produce more. Plenty spend plenty of bucks on chems and get less than what you quote even on average