Stolen Passport - Replacement Visa

Hi,

I would like some advice on getting my visa replaced.

My passport was stolen from my luggage on the night bus, i have been to the uk embassy in Bangkok and a new passport is on its way. now i need to get my non-b visa replaced, i am told i can do that at thai immigration.

Do i have to go to bangkok again or can i get this replaced in koh Samui immigration??

Thanks for the help

Tim

You have been to the embassy, so you have a police report. You need to take the enw passport and the police report to immigration, with a copy of the new passport. Immigration will stamp your permission to stay in the new passport. This can be done at Samui.

What immigraiton will not do is give you an actual new visa. So if you had a valid multiple non-B, you have lost that one and need to get a new one from abroad.

If you are on an extension of stay there is no problem. You can still get extensions of stay. Only a valid multiple entry visa is lost.

The same thing happened to me,,,you need to return to the point, of entry as your arrival/departure card is missing as well,,mine was dealt with fairly quickly and my original dates for my visa,,NON B,,however as i was due to do a 90day run 3 days after my passport was stolen i was hit for a 20k overstay, as it took 56 days from report, apply new passport and get dicked around on Samui not realising i had to return to BKK,,,the police report didn't matter,,i was interrogated and ordered to pay !!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

good luck with Pee Nok at Samui immigration, if theres away to jerk you around or con you out of cash he will do it.

yes u wuld be better off collecting yr passport in bangkok. takeing your paper work with u for new visa. going to immergration like the previuos post said. so then u r fully legal in Thailand then fly form bangkok airport anywhere and do it but good luck think u have a few head aches ahead sorry to hear about the lost passport did u have a photo copy of your last visa. might help as the visa number should match the immergration comuter system