Ni-Cad Battery Pack

Pond Life

I have a good cordless drill.

Unfortunatly the battery pack is worn out.

Could anyone tell me where I can get the battery pack rebuilt,

or somewhere that has a large selection of aftermarket battery packs.

Mine is 18 volts & looks like it contains C or D cells.

Hi PL....I have the same situation , with an 18v Ryobi drill and multi tools that work off the same 18v batt. No replacements in CM, so I went to Armorn [the chain electrical/electronic shop] and we disassembled the batt and yes they did have replacement cells, but the cost of rebuilding it far exced the cost of having a relative buy one in the US and send it over.

Welcome back!! how long you stay this time??

jdg

There is another big tools shop not so far from old city, the name is Arkarnsin Machinery, Muang Samut road 053-252525 , they sell a lot of cordless drill you can check the price there or ask to order new battery for you. Another way, there are a lot of secondhand tools shop near Chang Puak gate that you can go to look and ask if they can find it for you.

I rewired mine to use a UPS battery, there's wire hanging out of the bottom of the drill, but the charge last for about 500 1" drywall screws going into MDF. First power is the battery brand, beige color good stuff.

I also changed the mosfet to a IRF 3205, lower esr and much higher output, I cant stop the chuck with my hand anymore.

Cost of the replacement battery was sky high, so went this route. I use a car battery charger to keep it charged, but the power supply from a UPS will work. My drill was 9 volts used with over voltage of 12 volts. You can use a 1k resistor to lower the voltage in 1 volt increments. (or was that 3 volts) Been functioning for over 4 years now, it's a cheesy Black and Decker too.

Anyway if you can find one 6 volt and one 12 volt battery, you can wire them in series for 18 volts and your good to go.

I rewired mine to use a UPS battery, there's wire hanging out of the bottom of the drill, but the charge last for about 500 1" drywall screws going into MDF. First power is the battery brand, beige color good stuff.

I also changed the mosfet to a IRF 3205, lower esr and much higher output, I cant stop the chuck with my hand anymore.

Cost of the replacement battery was sky high, so went this route. I use a car battery charger to keep it charged, but the power supply from a UPS will work. My drill was 9 volts used with over voltage of 12 volts. You can use a 1k resistor to lower the voltage in 1 volt increments. (or was that 3 volts) Been functioning for over 4 years now, it's a cheesy Black and Decker too.

Anyway if you can find one 6 volt and one 12 volt battery, you can wire them in series for 18 volts and your good to go.

And for your 18v cordless, you have to lug around a 12v and 6v battery.......sounds rather bulky and you might as well use a corded drill.

And for your 18v cordless, you have to lug around a 12v and 6v battery.......sounds rather bulky and you might as well use a corded drill.

The battery is only about the size of a cellphone box, and its not like you have to carry it around. Just put it down and get to work, make the cord about 5-6 feet long. Much more convenient than a corded drill and charge last much much much longer than a standard battery, about 5 times, you'll finish before the battery does.

I use to do mobile car audio installations and the convenience and practicality was great.

You can also look into using a battery from a remote control plane/car, less bulky and better charge time with lithium batteries.

Hi PL....I have the same situation , with an 18v Ryobi drill and multi tools that work off the same 18v batt. No replacements in CM, so I went to Armorn [the chain electrical/electronic shop] and we disassembled the batt and yes they did have replacement cells, but the cost of rebuilding it far exced the cost of having a relative buy one in the US and send it over.

Welcome back!! how long you stay this time??

jdg

Just as a matter of interest what was the capacity of those batteries? I say that because I have just been in Amorn and they are selling AA cells 2.8A/h four for 360B or 2.1A/h for 50B (each). These are Nimh of course and not NiCad, so less problems. I know the OP said the originals were C or D but they could be anything from, at a guess, 2A/h or up. Battery capacities are increasing all the time per given size and 2.8A/h would make a good pack and a lot smaller and lighter. For an 18V pack that would cost 1800B with a couple of batteries for spare. New NiMh B & D battery packs, 18V 3A/h in the UK go for about 48 GBP so this is a bit cheaper. 3A/h seems to be the biggest pack B & D drills use.

Edited by Dellboy218