White Or Pink Skin In Thai Photos

edwardandtubs

I often see photos of Thais who have brown skin in real life but they publish photos of themselves with white or pinky-white (women especially) skin. I can't believe that so many Thais would be Photoshop experts. There must be some website that automatically whites you up or something. Anyone know how they do it?

It`s easy to change skin tone colorings if you have the right software.

My problem is that since living in Thailand I have become quite tanned and girls often mistake me for some sort of legendary bronzed god sent down to them from heaven. So I have to alter my skin tone colorings on my photos to appear like an average run of the mill boring Honkey again, rather then make the rest of you pasty faced farangs feel inadequate.

The last time I had passport photos done here I looked about 12 years old in them. It was quite depressing when I compared them to the normal ones I had him redo. :D

Did you use one of them for your avatar? :D

I recently visited a Thai friend who had the tv on, playing a Thai soap. And there they were, the ubiquitous whiter than white protoganists, this time having a conversation whilst standing up on the skytrain. 'Oh look' I remarked. 'There're some Thai people in this too!'

The loving couple were surrounded by their brown skinned compatriots. And were the only white skinned (usually Chinese Thai) in the frame. Same as the mag ads and billboards.

I recently visited a Thai friend who had the tv on, playing a Thai soap. And there they were, the ubiquitous whiter than white protoganists, this time having a conversation whilst standing up on the skytrain. 'Oh look' I remarked. 'There're some Thai people in this too!'

The loving couple were surrounded by their brown skinned compatriots. And were the only white skinned (usually Chinese Thai) in the frame. Same as the mag ads and billboards.

I went to a new restaurant yesterday, it seemed to be hip with old thais with wannabe status cars and old thai style haircut for hisos..

All of them had their daughter or a surgery infested white skinned wife..

Up close they look more like E.T than humans.. Very ugly..

Pretty nice on TV/pictures/far away though.

The last time I had passport photos done here I looked about 12 years old in them. It was quite depressing when I compared them to the normal ones I had him redo. :D

LOL, same with me. Before I went back to the State, I've had a new set of Passport photo done. It's amazing. I stood there and waited for the photos to slowly sliding out of the little hole.

I thought they were pictures of a Nephew I've never met. So I ended up using a set of MUG shot from Walgreens.

Edited by blunotes

It`s easy to change skin tone colorings if you have the right software.

My problem is that since living in Thailand I have become quite tanned and girls often mistake me for some sort of legendary bronzed god sent down to them from heaven. So I have to alter my skin tone colorings on my photos to appear like an average run of the mill boring Honkey again, rather then make the rest of you pasty faced farangs feel inadequate.

Yea the Thai girls line up and shout, Oy oy I want the dark skinned one!

I wonder why they never put asians in tv series, movies or billboards in the west? or hardly any?

Plenty of blacks, European, South American, but hardly ever Asian

No boobs. :whistling:

I've never been able to understand the western obssession with huge ones. Perhaps a psychologist can explain it?

Give me a nice slimline Asian body anytime.

we had a family photo taken to send back to Aus ,,, each one of us in the pic looked like a smiling corpse ,,, they are obsessed with whitening everything :lol:

Have you noticed they also like to make men's lips look redder?

Thai men in photo ads often seem to be wearing lipstick.

Same thing happens in the Middle East, all of the photo shops make the skin whiter as their customers are mostly Indians and I have to make them print again without the colour balance adjustment.

In the wedding shops in Viet Nam (and I suppose here too) they put on a type of whitening cream before the photoshoot, only it made me darker.