Weather In Phuket

egg

My son is coming over late September for a 2 week holiday in Phuket(first time over seas) ,, he read somewhere that it is the wettest time of the year , and he is worried it will rain on his parade and spoil his holiday , and me ,living up in Isaan and never been to Phuket cant help him ,,,can someone enlighten me as to what type of weather could be expected down there at that time of the year

thanks for any help

cheers egg

It is the wettest time of the year but you still get plenty of sunshine and its warm all the time

If he is coming from a cooler climate the rain should not bother him,generally speaking you

get heavy showers and the weather clears up, occasionally it rains all day

Here are the averages for Phuket weather 1961-1990 (see link to Meteorological Department). As you can see September and October are the wettest months. It can rain for days or as Peter said pour rain for a while and then clear up... Also the beaches are dangerous during the monsoon season. There are many drowning deaths every year in Phuket. Thai Meteorological Department

Peter and Jimi ,,, thanks for the replies and info ,, l passed it all on and he has decided to put it off for 1 month ,,, all he would be doing is sitting by the pool and drining ,, so l dont know what difference a little bit of rain would make :lol:

cheers Dave