Long Term Visa For Indonesia

Patong Bob

There are a couple of "Thaivisa" style websites around but not too sure if I can post links due to forum rules.

Google will help.

Where are you thinking of staying?

I call Indo home, but other than my previous KITAS I only use a tourist visa. There are options, KITAP and the likes and I do believe the Indos are looking to make things easier for Expats in the future.

The only downside to Indo is the religion factor, Ramadan for example makes life a little harder, if you want to eat during the day you do get some hostility and having a beer for the whole month? forget it unless you want to sneak around through back doors and so on. I was in a darkened bar one Ramadan and the police burst in with TV news crews and broadcast us infidels enjoying a secret beer for all Indo to see. It can be annoying, especially seeing McDonalds blacked out during the day, makes you wonder <deleted>?

Thailand is getting too difficult/espensive.

Interesting.

Been to Indonesia several times.

Depends of course where you would live but i'm not convinced Indonesia is less difficult or expensive to live than Thailand.

What is the opinion of people who actually lived there (tuky ?)

Thailand is getting too difficult/espensive.

Interesting.

Been to Indonesia several times.

Depends of course where you would live but i'm not convinced Indonesia is less difficult or expensive to live than Thailand.

What is the opinion of people who actually lived there (tuky ?)

I think Bali and Jakarta are both more expensive to live in than Thai locations, but away from these 2 centres life is very cheap. I've visited Batam a few times in the last couple of months and I could live there. Coastal locations on the main island of Java are very nice: I previously lived on the coast in West Java for 3 years and thought it was great.

I only visit these days but there are visa options for foreigners with local gf's / wives (Sosial Budaya which is for a year I think), plus the 1 month VOA (25$) can be extended in country for a month. There is also a retirement visa but I'm not sure how easy these are to get.

If you google Indonesia Expat you will get a very useful forum type website on Living in Indonesia .....

Another plus is the language is a LOT easier to pickup than Thai

Londo