Five Arrested in Patong Stabbing of British Man

webfact

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I often wonder how the police identify suspects via cctv.

CCTV doesn’t show the names of people depicted, so is it that the police have prior knowledge of the individuals and recognize them when they see them on cctv, or do they wander the streets after the incident and look at peoples faces until they recognize them?

Previous offenders?

Witnesses recognise them?

Edited by roo860
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

I often wonder how the police identify suspects via cctv.

CCTV doesn’t show the names of people depicted, so is it that the police have prior knowledge of the individuals and recognize them when they see them on cctv, or do they wander the streets after the incident and look at peoples faces until they recognize them?

Probably saw the registration plates ( if they had any ) on their bikes as a start.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

UPDATE: A Briton sustained injuries in a stabbing incident on Bangla Road, Patong, in the early hours of Saturday morning. This occurrence, causing concern within the local community, occurred at approximately 4:40 AM on May 18th.

The victim, whose identity remains undisclosed, reportedly suffered a stab wound to his back during an altercation. Medical teams responded swiftly, and his injuries, though severe, are not life-threatening.

Quick to react, Patong Police launched an investigation that led to the arrest of five Thai male suspects. CCTV footage played a crucial role in identifying the individuals involved in the incident.

By 8:00 PM the same day, authorities had taken the suspects into custody. They are currently held at Patong Police Station, awaiting further legal proceedings. Police have been cautious with details about the suspects and the altercation's cause but assured the public of a thorough investigation.

The stabbing has raised significant concerns regarding safety on Bangla Road, a well-known nightlife hotspot in Patong. In response, local authorities have vowed to increase vigilance and reinforce security measures to prevent future incidents.

The investigation is ongoing, and more details will be released as officers continue to gather information. For now, the focus remains on ensuring the safety of both locals and visitors in this bustling part of Patong.

Picture courtesy: MATICHON online

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-21

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

If you're silly to be in that area at 4.40 in the morning you have to expect "events" like that. He didn't die and will probably in a safe hotel room or at home next time.🙏

• Confused 4
  • Love It 1

I find it hard to imagine people sneaking up on him and stabbing him. There must have been an argument during which he used the usual for letter words. I suppose it will come out which is the son of a policeman.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, IamNoone88 said:

5 arrested ... only one may eventually be the main fall guy .. the guy who actually stuck him and he is unlikely to confess. The rest of the gang will probably walk.

Unlikely to confess? I am always surprised at the easy confessions here for crimes committed.

• Agree 1