Whitch Bars Are Good For Having A Drikn

matador11021965

* Inter Bar on Thapae Road, very near to Thapae Gate

* The 'Reggae Area' at what used to be Boon Yoo Market, which is at the corner of Ratwithee Rd and Ratchapakinai Roads (look it up), specifically Roots Rock Reggae pub.

* Guitarman and Cafe Del Sol at the very end of Loi Loi Kroh (past the night bazar) at the intersection with Charoen Prathet Rd, where the Iron Bridge is.

* Riverside! Going, what, pretty much 30 years? And still going very strong, with a crowd of both Westerners AND Thais, toutists AND expats. That is nothing short of an incredible achievement. Weekends it's hard to even get inside.

* Other pubs/bars on the river that may or may not have music to your liking. The Brasserie is worth a look.

The above is not in any particular order. There are many others, but the above will give you a good start.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Red Lion for no noise and a drop o the Dark Stuff.Sit outside and read the Paper.Isnt infested with Mouthy Ferangs.:)

In the original post:

live music rock reagea etc

Yah Mahn.. we's a hangin at the Red Lion..! ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

All place for elderly wealthy white persons to chase elderly hos

I would avoid Winnie suggestions, been all, hated all.

except Riverside good food but very expensive.

Try

Oxide (between Santhitham road and Thanin Market) Thai band playing western music

Pink Elephant House (past Tops off Chang Puak road past playhouse theatre) Thai band playing Pua Thai music

Blossom (100yd up from Santhitam roundabout) Thai rock band

many other places in same area, live music, cheap beer (Large Chang 50bht), Uni students serve

Not for those scare young Thai person.

Edited by OlafStapleton

Try

Oxide (between Santhitham road and Thanin Market) Thai band playing western music

Pink Elephant House (past Tops off Chang Puak road past playhouse theatre) Thai band playing Pua Thai music

many other places in same area, live music, cheap beer (Large Chang 50bht), Uni students serve

Not for those scare young Thai person.

Can you give a bit better directions on the Oxide place?

I am interested in going there someday.. thanks...

drive from moat to highway along Chang Puak road (108)

Turn left 10m AFT ER traffic lights with yellow center railings

Up road past 7-11 turn left then right

Oxide 20m on left (theme nights, nurses, french maids, lanna, shorts, air stews)

18°48'18.36"N 98°58'50.10"E

House Pink Elephant (coyote dancer on table add 150bht to bill)

18°48'6.85"N 98°58'58.00"E

Santitham Plaza Bars (about 20)

18°48'15.89"N 98°58'37.34"E

Blossom

18°48'8.18"N 98°58'34.61"E

Edited by OlafStapleton

Come on, feel free not to like them, but their main target clientele are young westerners, backpackers and teachers/NGO workers. It's not accurate to depict these places as you would a Loi Kroh bargirl bar.

Try

Oh gawd.. you realized what you just did right? You just ensured that the elderly Loi Kroh demographic will visit those places.. that will do wonders for the atmosphere and response to foreigners to get drunk expats going after the beer chicks in some awkward way.. ;)

Oh gawd.. you realized what you just did right? You just ensured that the elderly Loi Kroh demographic will visit those places.. that will do wonders for the atmosphere and response to foreigners to get drunk expats going after the beer chicks in some awkward way.. ;)

Don't worry

Loi Kroh visitors cannot speak Thai so cannot order beer.

Wow I would have never classed Riverside food as expensive, the main complaint I have with it and Good view also is that all the food arrives at random times, 1 person may get a starter another a main meal some may not even get a meal until one of your party has finished. Best and only thing to do in my experience is to all order starters, then after you have eaten them all order a main meal. But I certainly would never class it as expensive.

The Brasserie's music stands out far above any other place (music wise) in Chiang mai, but expect a very small crowd, and the good stuff (Took) starts after midnight.

butter is betterer sure good place for drink and bread roller outside quite nice too music on the microphones sure

Just curious...do you use google to translate from your native language into English? If so, the results are quite amusing.

Don't worry

Loi Kroh visitors cannot speak Thai so cannot order beer.

Yeah, it's really hard to order a beer in Thailand.

The Brasserie's music stands out far above any other place (music wise) in Chiang mai, but expect a very small crowd, and the good stuff (Took) starts after midnight.

butter is betterer sure good place for drink and bread roller outside quite nice too music on the microphones sure

New drugs?

laugh.gif Priceless...i would recommend Brasserie, Took is well worth seeing.

well thax for the suggestions and i gues there is a lot to do and i certenly will visit the santitham area nothing beats a good band with a nice beer and a friendly lady to talk to

sorry for my englisch but i am dutch and it is a long time ago went i was at schoo; so i am a bit rusty

cheers

peter

Just curious...do you use google to translate from your native language into English? If so, the results are quite amusing.

i speak just like your man sure clean words you should listen dont like googlerering like angling grand cheers

:blink:

Santitham Plaza....live bands EVERY night at one bar or another, my apartment overlooks it, they are currently playing western stuff.....FULL of young Thai's.....3 large Leo's for around 129 baht! When I lived here a few years ago it was quite a quiet place, now it is banging EVERY night, in fact a load of people in our block have moved out cos it's too loud! blink.gif

Santitham Plaza

Wow I would have never classed Riverside food as expensive, the main complaint I have with it and Good view also is that all the food arrives at random times, 1 person may get a starter another a main meal some may not even get a meal until one of your party has finished. Best and only thing to do in my experience is to all order starters, then after you have eaten them all order a main meal. But I certainly would never class it as expensive.

Not expensive at all and I totally agree that both Riverside and Goodview never bring the food at the same time. It can be really annoying.

drive from moat to highway along Chang Puak road (108)

Turn left 10m AFT ER traffic lights with yellow center railings

Up road past 7-11 turn left then right

Oxide 20m on left (theme nights, nurses, french maids, lanna, shorts, air stews)

18°48'18.36"N 98°58'50.10"E

House Pink Elephant (coyote dancer on table add 150bht to bill)

18°48'6.85"N 98°58'58.00"E

Santitham Plaza Bars (about 20)

Blossom

18°48'8.18"N 98°58'34.61"E

Santitham Plaza is a great place, packed with bars of which several have live music. Try Chaophraya bar (Reggae bar with Bob Marley logo (name in Thai)in middle of bar soi. Resident band "Super Running Ska" play 11:30 - 12:30 every night and are excellent. Thai folk music earlier in the evening. The band also play at Infinity and Fine Thanks I believe. Full with students and great fun ;)

Is Blossom still open? Last time I went past, few weeks back, it looked shut.

Come on, feel free not to like them, but their main target clientele are young westerners, backpackers and teachers/NGO workers. It's not accurate to depict these places as you would a Loi Kroh bargirl bar.

So if the OP's question was "where do old alcoholics go do die in Chiang Mai?" your answer would have been different?

So if the OP's question was "where do old alcoholics go do die in Chiang Mai?" your answer would have been different?

Yes, of course. Duh.

Old alcoholics go to Blue Sky bar on the moat, and just about any bar in Moon Muang Soi 2, and Loi Kroh road near the moat.

Come on, I think you're all a lot more clued in than you let on.