Hands Off Cabinet Selection, People Tell Thaksin: Poll

webfact

If you didn't want Thaksin involved in all major decisions, why the hell did you vote for PTP?!

Maybe because having 'Thaksin involved in all major decisions' is less unpalatable than having people you never voted for and who never got the most votes making those decisions? Maybe. But just to check, see what you can find out about the meaning of democracy as relates to the previous Democrat Thai government and how they got into power. Cheers.

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? How many votes did Thaksin get?

You know, it's ok to wish for a lawless state, but for christ's sake, why wouldn't you just come out and say that's what you wanted? Why pretend you're pro-democracy?

If you didn't want Thaksin involved in all major decisions, why the hell did you vote for PTP?!

Maybe because having 'Thaksin involved in all major decisions' is less unpalatable than having people you never voted for and who never got the most votes making those decisions? Maybe. But just to check, see what you can find out about the meaning of democracy as relates to the previous Democrat Thai government and how they got into power. Cheers.

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? How many votes did Thaksin get?

You know, it's ok to wish for a lawless state, but for christ's sake, why wouldn't you just come out and say that's what you wanted? Why pretend you're pro-democracy?

We can also ask how many Votes Thaksin's little sister's party would have got if it was not believed that Thaksin was running the show. Better yet, would she even have been able to be a tiny statistic on any voting results if she was not Thaksin's sister.

The EC has been attracting a lot of criticism for its pre and post poll slowness. Some of this criticism has also been coming form unexpected quarters. The poll which was mostly about this issue just reflects this in the minds of the public. The EC has reacted by stating that their are lots of spurios complaints being made to bog the whole thing down in delay. However, the EC has also said that this election has seen less complaints than previous ones.

The perceived politicisation of various check and balance bodies over the years does not help when things like this require strict neutrality and yet many see every decision as being political. Hopefully tomorrow will see some of the doubts cleared up as the EC are in a difficult position and are not going to be able to please everyone. Hopefully too, any spurious complaints will see action as that is surely an attempt to disrupt democratic process

I think two things come out of this.

1). As I have implied being the case several times in postings - Shinawatra is a spent force and not as influential in the decision making now. He is currently banned from politics so should not have any involvement anyway!!!

2). It IS the people's democratic right to make complaints that they consider to create unfairness in the election process. It can and will be used tactically but that is all part and parcel of elections in Thailand due to the past corruption that has infiltrated these elections (mainly from Pheu, although not exclusively, I would imagine) such is their desparation to gain power at all costs to enable them to expand their corrupt practices to the next level.

Naw, unpalatable never came into the equation.

They eat entrails and bugs, and re-elect Chalerm regularly.

They believed they personally would get something out of it.

The Team Thaksin PR political machine has been working

full steam for 10 years to make this so.

I see that my first reaction to the title was not unique -- but then given how obvious it is, why would it be unique:

No matter how jaded I get, this place still manages to surprise me -- at least for a moment or two -- after all these years...

A + B + C often equals A- or C+

but rarely ever simply ABC,

or even more rarely ABC2

So someone took a poll, Thaksin won't care in the least,

he wants power, nothing else will do,

and being the hanging sword over cabinet members

is the best tasting power of all.

Indeed. You're not telling me anything I don't already know...

Animatic is just laying it out on the line in layman's lingo with no frills attached.