Leo Beer

fredob43

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap beer is cheap for a reason. You must be mad to drink the concoction of chemicals that is Thai beer when for a few baht extra you can buy the 100% natural Tiger or Heineken.

You sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All Brewed in Thailand, nothing like home brewed stuff. Look on the tin. :lol:

Cheap beer is cheap for a reason. You must be mad to drink the concoction of chemicals that is Thai beer when for a few baht extra you can buy the 100% natural Tiger or Heineken.

You sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All Brewed in Thailand, nothing like home brewed stuff. Look on the tin. :lol:

Would love to know where I can buy, 'for a few baht extra you can buy the 100% natural Tiger or Heineken.'

Have stated onhere before I have long since reached the conclusion all beer brewed here is crap.

Must agree with the comment, 'You must be mad to drink the concoction of chemicals that is Thai beer'.

If you are going to drink Thai beer, just buy the cheapest, Archa? why pay the extra for so called Heineken.

Funnily enough dont the makers of Chang (another quality beverage so loved by balloon chasers) also make a brew by the name of Federbrau that claims to be naturally brewed in a similair fashion to Amarit (whatever became of that)?

Would love to know where I can buy, 'for a few baht extra you can buy the 100% natural Tiger or Heineken.'

Have stated onhere before I have long since reached the conclusion all beer brewed here is crap.

Must agree with the comment, 'You must be mad to drink the concoction of chemicals that is Thai beer'.

If you are going to drink Thai beer, just buy the cheapest, Archa? why pay the extra for so called Heineken.

Funnily enough dont the makers of Chang (another quality beverage so loved by balloon chasers) also make a brew by the name of Federbrau that claims to be naturally brewed in a similair fashion to Amarit (whatever became of that)?

True, Heineken and Tiger are brewed here in Thailand (by the same brewer) but under the supervision of the parent companies. Both companies have built an international brand name on the idea that wherever you are in the world, you're getting the same 100% natural beer, so I doubt they would let their Thai brewery screw things up and tarnish the brand. Federbrau, on the other hand, has no international parent company so I wouldn't trust their word that it's a 100% natural beer.

Edited by edwardandtubs

Most 'chemical' beers have formaldehyde in them. Tiger is no exception and a Tiger hangover, to me, is unequaled. I hate the stuff.

The best beers in Asia ironically are from the the poorer countries i.e Beer Lao and Angkor as they do not have the money to invest in brewing technologies i.e. putting chemicals in beer....brewed the old fashioned way!

I agree about Asahi though, very nice beer. 6 months back it used to be priced between the local sh#te and beers like Heineken but I notice as of late the price has jumped significantly in our local supermarkets......

Have you ever seen the beer Lao brewery on the outskirts of Vientine. frm you Post I assume not. Very modern bldg and I believe established and ran by a european beer producer. Formaldehyde is usually put into beers that will be shipped long distances and need a long shelf life, I think export beers fit this bill.

I will check with my friend in bangkok when I am there we are both Leo drinkers. Have any of you guys checked the Leo label and know who the brewer is, if not, it is Singh. I have been drinking Leo for years and no hang over. Also check the different labels on a Chang each one has a different alcohol content. Saw this on a brochure in a Bangkok Restraurant

On a bottle of Leo,

Usually above the "fill date " there is a number, this number has a range of 1 to 6,

I have been told that this number represents the quality of it , 1 being the best. And I have also been told that its the number represents the factory where brewed/bottled.

One thing is for sure a bottle with a number 1, tastes way different to a number 6.

Maybe this is part of the problem for the OP.?

But then again, if anyone else has a theory for these numbers?

On a bottle of Leo,

Usually above the "fill date " there is a number, this number has a range of 1 to 6,

I have been told that this number represents the quality of it , 1 being the best. And I have also been told that its the number represents the factory where brewed/bottled.

One thing is for sure a bottle with a number 1, tastes way different to a number 6.

Maybe this is part of the problem for the OP.?

But then again, if anyone else has a theory for these numbers?

No theory for the No: all I know is that myself and all my friend's had problem's with the stuff "Leo" gut's ache and head ache's It was nothing to do with hang over's it would happen after just one large one, and as stated I have been drinking it for year's. Since we have been drinking Tiger not one's of use has had a problem. I put in the Op to see if anyone was having the same problem's as we had, but after it has gone round the house's and no one seem's be of the same consensus who know's what it was. My only thought is that there must have been some dodgy stuff on the market. As with all thing's here in the LOS quality control what's that.

Most 'chemical' beers have formaldehyde in them. Tiger is no exception and a Tiger hangover, to me, is unequaled. I hate the stuff.

The best beers in Asia ironically are from the the poorer countries i.e Beer Lao and Angkor as they do not have the money to invest in brewing technologies i.e. putting chemicals in beer....brewed the old fashioned way!

I agree about Asahi though, very nice beer. 6 months back it used to be priced between the local sh#te and beers like Heineken but I notice as of late the price has jumped significantly in our local supermarkets......

Have you ever seen the beer Lao brewery on the outskirts of Vientine. frm you Post I assume not. Very modern bldg and I believe established and ran by a european beer producer. Formaldehyde is usually put into beers that will be shipped long distances and need a long shelf life, I think export beers fit this bill.

Yep, both Angkor and Lao are managed by Carlsberg, which is why they make good beer. It is the only good 'local' beer in Thailand, along with Carlsberg from Malaysia.

The domestic beer producers really have to improve in order to stay competitive in the long run.

• 1 month later...