Two Russians Arrested In Pattaya On US$25 Million Money Laundering Charges

webfact

Two Russians arrested on money laundering charges

Two Russians wanted on money laundering charges in their country have been arrested in Pattaya.

The arrests of Valery Bovsun, 38, and Andrey Ustinov, 40, were announced at a press conference Wednesday at the Immigration Bureau at 11 am.

Immigration Bureau Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Wibul Bangthamai said the two were charged with having laundered money wroth US$25 million.

Wibul said Bovsun was arrested in Pattaya on Sunday. He entered Thailand in June.

The police chief said Ustinov was arrested on July 13 in Pattaya. He entered the country on September 4.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-20

Russians, Romanians (Gypsies), Moldavians (Gypsies), Ukrainians, Iranians (Persians), Nigerians, Chinese from PRC, Chinese from Taiwan, Colombians - all criminals are concentrated in Pattaya. This is their favourite place on Earth. A real paradise for them. :o

Russians, Romanians (Gypsies), Moldavians (Gypsies), Ukrainians, Iranians (Persians), Nigerians, Chinese from PRC, Chinese from Taiwan, Colombians - all criminals are concentrated in Pattaya. This is their favourite place on Earth. A real paradise for them. :o

Hope the Thai police clean up on all thoose criminals in the entire kingdom!

I am curious to know the source of the money? Rogue regimes? Narcotics? Electronic crime scams? Arms sales? Don't leave me hanging.......

Seems suspicious. In America we never assume guilt, we use the word allege and we always assume they are legitimate Italians who find friends

for political contributions.

Please tell me where these people are! I've been there for two years and I haven't found any criminals, although I hear of Nigerians in BKK making trouble--should be deported. But how do you know who is a criminal? Do they wear tags or something? In America they would be called businessmen in general.

Russians arrested to face money laundering charges

By The Nation

30160772-01.jpg

Police have arrested and are preparing to deport two Russian men allegedly wanted in their country for money-laundering totalling US$25 million (nearly Bt750 million) in illegally acquired cash.

Andrei Ustinov, 40, and Vallerie Povsan, 38, entered Thailand legally in September 2009 and opened a nightclub in Pattaya. They were arrested in Chon Buri last Sunday.

According to Immigration Police, both suspects had violated Russian customs tax and money-laundering laws from 2006-2009, generating about $25 million, before travelling to Thailand.

Both suspects, who admitted to their identities in arrest warrants issued by Russian authorities, are now in Immigration Police custody pending repatriation to their country.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-21