Nintendo, Sega, X Box...

Chopper

I used to say the Xbox was by far the best console. However as the Xbox 360 is arriving in a month (don't expect any pirated games for at least a year or more for the 360) I think the PS2 is your best bet.

Once the 360 is released the AAA releases for the old Xbox will stop and all that gets released will be multi-format games

The PS2 however still has years of life left. PS3 might not get a US or Euro release till well in 2007, which means plenty of orginal AAA titles

Been playing Shadow of the Colossus on PS2 - best PS2 game I've played in years.

would say the XBox with good Modchip and larger HDD

Can anybody recommend what is the best game console to buy. Taking into account such things as value for money, DVD playback, Internet compatibility, Hard Drive storage...

Well you get the drift. Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Read that the security is hard-coded into many of the 360 components which means it's going to be harder than the other consoles

Hope I am wrong as I'm going to be spending a fortune on 360 games once the 360 console makes it over here!

they might find a major bug or some leakage at the developer which speeds everything up, but I would not wounder if it needs a year.

Read that the security is hard-coded into many of the 360 components which means it's going to be harder than the other consoles

Hope I am wrong as I'm going to be spending a fortune on 360 games once the 360 console makes it over here!

360 console makes it over here!

Any idea when thats gonna be? They were released in the states today?

Supposed to be 2nd week of December for 360 in MBK. Expect to pay nearly double the price though!

I'm going to wait till Jan/Feb - hopefully the prices will be more sensible by then, and also the next batch of games are out around then.

Also remember to get a US version and not a Japanese one. The games are region coded so a Japanese game cannot play a US one.