School Holidays

marktdag

1. Mon 2 Jan New Year's Day (in lieu of Sun 1 Jan)

2. Mon 13 Feb Makha Bucha Day

3. Thu 6 Apr Chakri Day

4. Wed 12 Apr Songkran Day

5. Thu 13 Apr Songkran Day

6. Fri 14 Apr Songkran Day

7. Mon 1 May National Labour Day

8. Fri 5 May Coronation Day

9. Fri 12 May Visaka Bucha Day

10. Tue 11 Jul Buddhist Lent Day

11. Mon 14 Aug H.M. The Queen's Birthday (in lieu of Saturday 12 August)

12. Mon 23 Oct Chulalongkorn Day

13. Tue 5 Dec H.M. The King's Birthday

14. Mon 11 Dec Constitution Day (in lieu of Sun 10 Dec)

15. Thu 28 Dec BCCT Holiday (in lieu of Chinese New Year Sun 29 Jan 2006)

16. Fri 29 Dec BCCT Holiday (in lieu of New Year's Eve Sun 31 Dec 2006)

Edited by BambinA

1. Mon  2 Jan New Year's Day (in lieu of Sun 1 Jan)

2. Mon 13 Feb Makha Bucha Day

3. Thu  6 Apr Chakri Day

4. Wed 12 Apr Songkran Day

5. Thu 13 Apr Songkran Day

6. Fri 14 Apr Songkran Day

7. Mon  1 May National Labour Day

8. Fri  5 May Coronation Day

9. Fri 12 May Visaka Bucha Day

10. Tue 11 Jul Buddhist Lent Day

11. Mon 14 Aug H.M. The Queen's Birthday (in lieu of Saturday 12 August)

12. Mon 23 Oct Chulalongkorn Day

13. Tue  5 Dec H.M. The King's Birthday

14. Mon 11 Dec Constitution Day (in lieu of Sun 10 Dec)

15. Thu 28 Dec BCCT Holiday (in lieu of Chinese New Year Sun 29 Jan 2006)

16. Fri 29 Dec BCCT Holiday (in lieu of New Year's Eve Sun 31 Dec 2006)

is there no extended holiday(2-3 weeks) as in 'Summer vacation' in March-April...or maybe this is at the discretion of local school districts?

Thai schools can be closed anytime from the beginning of March until the end of May. You will have to check with the school as every school has a different summer vacation.

There is also a holiday in October for mid-term.

International schools have the same holidays as back home.

Dear All,

Does anyone know when the children in Thailand have there school holidays.

Is there an internet site where I can find this information ?

Thanks

Can i ask why you want to know this information?

I don't know about Marktdag, but this info would be very handy for my wife and I since we live in Thailand and have one of her nieces staying with us. Also, I assume these holidays might be the same as the public holidays which would also be good to know. I just got back from a 20 km drive to the bank, finding that it was closed today - yes, unbeknownst to me, another holiday. :o

Bryan

PS: Just found it it was King Chulalongkorn day. I guess I should be better informed.

Edited by Bryan in Isaan

TIT

The Thai school system makes no sense at all. Why can't all the schools open and close on the same days? This would also help out the mini-bus drivers.

I approached my childs admin office at the beginning of this years term and asked for a calender showing non school days. They thought i was cazy. No have. I did get out of them the stop/start dates for this Oct. to do some travel planning, but they were reluctant to give me that. Why is this such a secret. I know the red calender days are holidays, but sometimes there is a teacher's convention or something that i don't learn about till a day before :o

TIT 

The Thai school system makes no sense at all.  Why can't all the schools open and close on the same days?  This would also help out the mini-bus drivers.

I approached my childs admin office at the beginning of this years term and asked for a calender showing non school days.  They thought i was cazy. No have.  I did get out of them the stop/start dates for this Oct. to do some travel planning, but they were reluctant to give me that.  Why is this such a secret.  I know the red calender days are holidays, but sometimes there is a teacher's convention or something that i don't learn about till a day before :o

when I was in Thailand for 18 months some days I would come downstairs in the morning on a school day and find the kids watching TV or outside playing. When I would ask the wife about a school holiday she would just shrug and say 'school close'. Seems like the school admin at times decide on their own to shut the place down for 2-3 days and I'm talking about a big government school that handles all under 15s in a town of 3-4000 pop. I thought about it and figured that this was an 'income equalising' measure due to the pathetic salaries the teachers make. Thus maybe the reluctance to publicise 'official' holiday schedules...

TIT 

The Thai school system makes no sense at all.  Why can't all the schools open and close on the same days?  This would also help out the mini-bus drivers.

I approached my childs admin office at the beginning of this years term and asked for a calender showing non school days.  They thought i was cazy. No have.  I did get out of them the stop/start dates for this Oct. to do some travel planning, but they were reluctant to give me that.  Why is this such a secret.  I know the red calender days are holidays, but sometimes there is a teacher's convention or something that i don't learn about till a day before :o

The reason why many of the schools don't open and close on the same dates is that many of them are privately run. So basically they can close for holidays when it suits them.

Many English teachers also have the same problem with admin, trying to establish holiday dates. I have to keep pestering admin at my school to get my holiday schedule and when I eventually get the dates, they are usually incorrect anyway.

I don't think that it is such a big secret for schools to release holiday dates. It is more than likely that the admin don't know when the holidays are and hence will appear reluctant to give you any info, instead of losing face by telling you that they don't know. :D

Dear All,

Does anyone know when the children in Thailand have there school holidays.

Is there an internet site where I can find this information ?

Thanks

Can i ask why you want to know this information?

As his previous post was asking about marriage rights for a Thai wife I would expect it might have something to do with making plans.

It is a very hard point to pin down here as most schools do not release the information until very late (last month) and that really makes it hard to plan hotel reservations with three grandchildren in three different schools.