Bread Making Machine

Forkinhades

I like making my own bread but am not keen on the fact that a bread machine leaves me with one choice for bread shape. I was quite happy doing the kneading but as the weather warmed up I was starting to drip sweat into my dough which really wasn't an extra I wanted. I bought a heavy duty food mixer from Num Chai that has a dough hook and now my bread kneading is painless and additive free.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like making my own bread but am not keen on the fact that a bread machine leaves me with one choice for bread shape. I was quite happy doing the kneading but as the weather warmed up I was starting to drip sweat into my dough which really wasn't an extra I wanted. I bought a heavy duty food mixer from Num Chai that has a dough hook and now my bread kneading is painless and additive free.

With a breadmaker you can make any shape you want....no sweat....just take the dough out when it tells you and then treat it like normal.

I would love to buy one, but HomePro and Homework (Sukhumvit and ex Carrefour) told me both they didn't have any for sell.

So bad. I drool over everytime I think about it.

try central....tell them fagor brand

Yes, indeed, I read the topic too fast and I messed the details about Central and Verasu... I will go to Central Festival this Saturday, thanks for the brand advise :)

1323260473[/url]' post='4897152']
1323256187[/url]' post='4897033']

With a breadmaker you can make any shape you want....no sweat....just take the dough out when it tells you and then treat it like normal.

Which then just makes the bread machine a very expensive mixer? Each to his own.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a bread machine in Central last week. Quite expensive, 6500 Baht.

But.... it's wonderful :)

Now I parse the Internet to find good recipes and I make new test everyday. To eat your own home made bread is fantastic :)

You don't have top work during hours to make the past and the bread, so you can focus on the creative parts and let the machine do the mechanical job. Good!

Now I'm trying to make sweet bread with chocolate bits inside, for breakfast. I love it :)

my bread has been a bit hit and miss, with the breadmaker I brought from the UK, I am having problems with the yeast, I have done a self test and the least is not rising at all! (as per google enquiry)

so peeps where are you buying your yeast and flour from?

I buy my yeast and flour from tops though macro also has it. I use the blue bruggerman instant brand. I use the bread flour in brown paper packets which is marked australian bread flour in thai. It is harder than the flour they have here and makes very good bread.

yeah I bought a packet of that bruggerman, opened the packet and it went everywhere laugh.gif, silly question, but it must be stored in an airtight jar right?

also bought the small airtight jar from foodland, does not seem to do the trick, and in fact the yeast is dead??

Edited by Forkinhades

yeah I bought a packet of that bruggerman, opened the packet and it went everywhere laugh.gif, silly question, but it must be stored in an airtight jar right?

also bought the small airtight jar from foodland, does not seem to do the trick, and in fact the yeast is dead??

Mix up a couple of spoons of flour and a spoon of sugar and add a teaspoon of yeast and a little warm water. Put it in a warm place and it should bubble up if it is alive. Do not add salt.

Edited by harrry

Mix up a couple of spoons of flour and a spoon of sugar and add a teaspoon of yeast and a little warm water. Put it in a warm place and it should bubble up if it is alive. Do not add salt.

yes that is what i have been doing, the google test suggests using half a cup of water, and if the yeast is good, you should get a full cup, mine bubbles a little, but hardly any increase in size.

yes that is what i have been doing, the google test suggests using half a cup of water, and if the yeast is good, you should get a full cup, mine bubbles a little, but hardly any increase in size.

Buy a new pack at a diferent shop/

Buy a new pack at a diferent shop/

will do H

best regards

I use screw top plastic jars from the local market to keep my yeast in but I find that around 1/2 way through the packet it has died.

Now I normally have at least 1 spare pack for when it does which is usually between 6 to 8 weeks.

My mate put me on to a product called KS 505 which is a bread improver. I bought the last / only one in my local Makro for 125 baht.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_improver

post-5614-0-91103700-1324366080_thumb.jp

I use screw top plastic jars from the local market to keep my yeast in but I find that around 1/2 way through the packet it has died.

Now I normally have at least 1 spare pack for when it does which is usually between 6 to 8 weeks.

My mate put me on to a product called KS 505 which is a bread improver. I bought the last / only one in my local Makro for 125 baht.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_improver

post-5614-0-91103700-1324366080_thumb.jp

You did read the product lable.....and I am not a health food freak.

I use the same yeast and store in a screw top plastic container in the freezer and just take out what I need, not had any problems so far. Half a cup of warm water, half a teaspoon of sugar and the required yeast, leave to stand for 10 minutes, not sure mine doubles but there is certainly loads of bubbles and a nice yeasty smell.

okay so you guys are BAKING, I am actually rather EATING bread.......

so where can I find a decent or even not-so-decent electric or manual BREAD-CUTTING machine ?

not even at the European chains such as BIG-C and the former Carrefour I was successful. The Thai stuff there just looked bewildered at me as if I was an Alien (which, as a bread-eater in SIAM, I have to acknowledge I actually am)

Edited by siam2007

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Whoops, forgot to mention that on the blog! Thanks for pointing that out - I have fixed it now.

The brand is a Severin and the model number is I think a 3983

I also used the Severin before, in commercial settings (for which it was not designed!). We used 3 of them. each doing between 3 and 6 loaves per day every day.

Performed perfectly for over +- 3 years, after which the gears wore out. Kneading the dough puts a heavy strain on the gears! All 3 got the same problem in a 6 month window.

So for normal household of use of say 2 loaves a day should give you many years of service. Recommended!

BTW, bought ours in Robinsons Sri Racha almost 8 years ago. None to be found back then in Pattaya. Paid just under 5,000 for them in a promotion.

Whoops, forgot to mention that on the blog! Thanks for pointing that out - I have fixed it now.

I also used the Severin before, in commercial settings (for which it was not designed!). We used 3 of them. each doing between 3 and 6 loaves per day every day.

Performed perfectly for over +- 3 years, after which the gears wore out. Kneading the dough puts a heavy strain on the gears! All 3 got the same problem in a 6 month window.

So for normal household of use of say 2 loaves a day should give you many years of service. Recommended!

BTW, bought ours in Robinsons Sri Racha almost 8 years ago. None to be found back then in Pattaya. Paid just under 5,000 for them in a promotion.

indeed kneading is hard to do

i did it manuel

this year i have machine from home

no more sweat and aircon for 10 min kneading home 120€

in macro 6.900 bht quality?

post-62639-0-43072800-1355545554_thumb.jpost-62639-0-43072800-1355545554_thumb.j

indeed kneading is hard to do

i did it manuel

this year i have machine from home

no more sweat and aircon for 10 min kneading home 120€

in macro 6.900 bht quality?

• 7 months later...