'Bringing The Good Guy Back' - Supporters Plan Birthday Bash For Thaksin

webfact

Supporters Plan Birthday Bash for Thaksin

The Pheu Thai Party and its supporters throughout the country are planning a huge bash to celebrate the 62nd birthday of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra tomorrow.

Pheu Thai MP Singthong Buachum held a press conference to announce plans for the 62nd birthday bash for Thaksin Shinawatra tomorrow.

The celebration is centered on the theme of 'Bringing the good guy back.'

Singthong stated that a separate ceremony will be held in all four regions of the country.

In the central region, participants will make merit and pray for the former PM at Kaew Fah Temple in Nonthaburi Province.

He stressed that the event has nothing to do with the Pheu Thai Party and the red-shirt group.

However, the Pheu Thai Party has also scheduled merit-making for Thaksin at the same temple on the same day.

The event's organizer, Pairat Chaicharn, said participants will give alms to 109 monks.

At the same time, Thaksin has also sent his offerings to the monks from Dubai.

Pairat confirmed his event is a collaboration between the Pheu Thai Party and the red-shirt group.

He added that Thaksin has prepared a big surprise for his supporters on his birthday.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-07-25

footer_n.gif

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy, this thread's going to be fun! How the Thaksin haters will be seething! :cheesy:

(..and saying it will never happen, just like the election result. :D)

there will be at least 2500 families who were victims of this 'good guy' and his crackdown on dealers, who will not be celebrating! 1400 killed were innocent of any drug dealing.

Thaksin has been a fugitive for some time.

He is welcome to return to Thailand at any time, but there is a minor issue of the outstanding prison time, there a number of court cases waiting to be tested and awaiting his response to those.

The great dear leader! Let's remember some of his great policies for the people on this auspicius occasion such as OTOP which is still going strong, the 30 baht scheme, and many, many others...

Oh, you mean the corruption, and of course the corruption, and oh yes, last but not least ... the corruption.

The great dear leader! Let's remember some of his great policies for the people on this auspicius occasion such as OTOP which is still going strong, the 30 baht scheme, and many, many others...

Oh, you mean the corruption, and of course the corruption, and oh yes, last but not least ... the corruption.

No, I think he was talking about the corruption.

laugh.gif

" He added that Thaksin has prepared a big surprise for his supporters on his birthday"

His suicide would be good.

He'll turn up via video link in just his birthday suit

... and his cheerleaders will wax poetic about his imperial clothes.

" He added that Thaksin has prepared a big surprise for his supporters on his birthday"

... and his cheerleaders will wax poetic about his imperial clothes.

he had better get sunburnt so he is wearing red.

Or a suit like this one?!?

post-61130-0-49459300-1311592930_thumb.j

B)

Edited by lazygourmet

Oh boy, this thread's going to be fun! How the Thaksin haters will be seething! :cheesy:

You are confused. No-one said the election result wouldn't be happening. Nor that his birthday celebration wouldn't be happening. Some just had wished that they did not. Not the same thing.

Happy Birthday Dr. Thaksin!!!

:intheclub:

Perfect! I hope someone proposes to make it a national holiday. A new Father's Day! I trust they've got someone working on the billboards for every street corner.

And Santa Claus day together.

Perfect! I hope someone proposes to make it a national holiday. A new Father's Day! I trust they've got someone working on the billboards for every street corner.

And Santa Claus day together.

Santa Claus comes but once a year, But Thaksin shares his beneficence with his subjects took wan. Like him, I'd like to see a bust of his blessed likeness in every classroom.

Edited by lannarebirth

I can't believe any country would ever honor a liar, cheater, and thief with a likeness in a classroom to serve as a role model to children as someone pointed out. Unless of course said would be despot ordered it so, or else.

blink.gif

That's an insult to the thousands of victims of the extra-judicial killings.

Then take it up with;

1. The drug cartels that were settling scores and securing territory and/or,

2. Those that used the drug war as cover to settle feuds and/or,

3. The police and army personnel that engaged in the alleged wrongful acts

It has been established that there is no evidence upon which to charge the former PM with anything related to the deaths. It's wonderful that you wish to take up the cause of these victims now.

In the interim, I remind you that there may be free cake and in Thailand when the balloons go up, a farang will find them, especially if there is FREE CAKE.

It's time to celebrate with Mr. Thaksin and send him all your loving. I bet if Justin Bieber is in town he'd sing Happy Birthday to Mr. Thaksin. You like Justin Bieber don't you?

Well, here's a clip of Justin singing happy birthday. Sing along with him and get into the spirit of joy.

And remember there may be FREE CAKE.

You are confused. No-one said the election result wouldn't be happening. Nor that his birthday celebration wouldn't be happening. Some just had wished that they did not. Not the same thing.

555555555555 Ha Ha A good birthday BASHing would be more in order.:lol::jap:

That's an insult to the thousands of victims of the extra-judicial killings.

Then take it up with;

1. The drug cartels that were settling scores and securing territory and/or,

2. Those that used the drug war as cover to settle feuds and/or,

3. The police and army personnel that engaged in the alleged wrongful acts

It has been established that there is no evidence upon which to charge the former PM with anything related to the deaths. It's wonderful that you wish to take up the cause of these victims now.

In the interim, I remind you that there may be free cake and in Thailand when the balloons go up, a farang will find them, especially if there is FREE CAKE.

It's time to celebrate with Mr. Thaksin and send him all your loving. I bet if Justin Bieber is in town he'd sing Happy Birthday to Mr. Thaksin. You like Justin Bieber don't you?

Well, here's a clip of Justin singing happy birthday. Sing along with him and get into the spirit of joy.

And remember there may be FREE CAKE.

What, are you on a per diem now? I've the greatest respect for earnest people i may disagree with but you're at best a spin meister and probably just an outright liar.

http://www.unhcr.org...12efec42,0.html

Edited by lannarebirth

There's been controversy over the title- Maharaja (the Great) - added to his name for this birthday- only 7 Thais in history such as King Ramkhamhaeng and Rama V have this honorific title included in this name.

Tida and Noppadon said the red shirts had nothing to do with it and claimed it was the work of a disgruntled ex Pheua Thai MP trying to discredit Thaksin.

But they would say that, wouldn't they?

What, are you on a per diem now? I've the greatest respect for earnest people i may disagree with but you're at best a spin meister and probably just an outright liar.

http://www.unhcr.org...12efec42,0.html

You make the claim "Outright liar" because I point out that the Mr. Thaksin was cleared of wrongdoing during the attempt to free Thailand from the control of the drug cartels. You did not bring up a salient point but instead offer a link to a personal opinion article that is prefaced by the following;

Disclaimer This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher.

What was the point? I read the article and it offered nothing substantive. If you want to rehash the battle to free Thailand from the grasp of drug cartels there are other threads you can visit.

This thread is about the millions of Thais who are planning to celebrate their former PM's birthday. No one is obliging you to attend, although I do understand there will be FREE CAKE and many farangs in Thailand can't pass up a freebie, especially FREE CAKE. Until the military launches another military coup and reinstalls its puppets, the people of Thailand still have the freedom to celebrate. If you are upset, stay in your home and pout.

And no, I am not on a per diem. Do you want to pay me one? I don't think you can afford to pay my daily wage. :lol: And no you cannot pay me with the FREE CAKE you might get at one of the regional birthday parties.

I just spent an hour on the toilet, in celebration of Thaksin's birthday. It seemed like the most fitting way to honor a man who's insatiable need for power has cost so many innocents their lives.

Edited by SomTumTiger

I just spent an hour on the toilet, in celebration of Thaksin's birthday. It seemed like the most fitting way to honor a man who's insatiable need for power has cost so many innocents their lives.

I'm not going to bother with a response like this now, because there's no <deleted> way it'll top this one!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

No, I think he was talking about the corruption.

laugh.gif

You might be right but then again there is the corruption.........................howsoever nothing to do with fire trucks, submarines, Swedish aircraft, APC's etc etc