Non Thai Spices

I'm afraid I can't be of any help but I would love to know where you find allspice in large quantities. I've bought hand brand in 100g bags but that doesn't go very far making Jerk. Thanks in advance for sharing if you find a source. :)

I'm afraid I can't be of any help but I would love to know where you find allspice in large quantities. I've bought hand brand in 100g bags but that doesn't go very far making Jerk. Thanks in advance for sharing if you find a source. :)

Equal parts of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.

I am not sure if this will be a goer or not. You can try Laxmi Stores , 390 Chakrapetch Road , Wang Burapha, 10200, Bangkok. Tel::022248005. They do import a lot of foodstuff from India,. What they don't import themselves ,they seem able to get . They do speak English , but not so well. It might help if you can tell them the names of what you need in Thai, using a Thai speaker. I live in Southern Buriram ,a bloody long way from you. They do freight my orders to me ,by road transport. It may help you establish your "Bona Fides" with them ,if you tell them that you are a friend of Bill Robinson from Ban Kruat ,in Buriram . Good luck

I buy spices in bulk at a US restaurant supply store. After 6 months or so, some of the spices start losing their potency, but I just add more, and that seems to work. Most of them have a listed shelf life of 2 years, anyway.

However, I made the mistake of buying paprika in bulk. After four months, I noticed a white hue creeping throughout. I looked it up online, and it seems as if paprika has a shelf life of 3 months. So buying in bulk was a big waste for me as I threw out 90% of it.