Pong Nam Ron Immigration Office

Atmos

just in case this can help someone

Due to a shoulder injury I needed an alternative method of getting to PNR immigration office today

Went in to Chanthaburi main bus station on the scooter - paid 10 baht for 'security parking', took a mini van from there, departed 10.00am and was at PNR 10.50am - nice of the driver he dropped me at the gate.

Cost: 40 baht

Have only been there once before - is it always so quiet? Just three Cambodians there when I arrived (work permits maybe?), handed over my papers, sat down and looked at the pictures in the Thai newspapers they have for customers.

11.15am I was out of there!

An early lunch in PNR and had just got to the bus stop (south side of main intersection) when a big tour coach pulled up, 35 baht thankyou! and headed back to C'buri, arrived at the bus station 12.25pm. 2.5 hours including an unhurried lunch and coffee, total transport cost - including bike parking, 85 baht.

Nice little trip - first time I had done it when not being the driver/rider and concentrating on the road/vehicles.

Edited by Atmos

• 4 weeks later...

that beautiful picture does not look familiar to me. Was in Pong nam today to extend my visa and it was a small hut, surrounded by dirt roads,a small shop for drinks and food and a table where some ladies processed the paperwork. then a motorike guy took the passports across a small bridge and dirt road to the Cambodian side and brought them back after 15 minutes. All in all very convenient, but I doubt that I was at the same place as you, looking at the picture.

thaisabai

post-3008-0-59123400-1313752960_thumb.jp

post-3008-0-94609000-1313752982_thumb.jp

You may have passed through Pong Nam Ron town - it is on Highway 317, main road north from Chanthaburi to Sa Kaeo - approx 45 min drive to the Cambodia border.

Pong Nam Ron town has an office of Thai Immigration, you can't do a border run there.

I've been to Ban Laem via PNR, but that's not Ban Laem in your pics (see mine attached), unsure which border post you were at.

Maybe that is Ban Pakard you went to? that's the other crossing point in PNR district.

Last 2 pics attached are PNR.

Edited by Atmos

You may have passed through Pong Nam Ron town - it is on Highway 317, main road north from Chanthaburi to Sa Kaeo - approx 45 min drive to the Cambodia border.

Pong Nam Ron town has an office of Thai Immigration, you can't do a border run there.

I've been to Ban Laem via PNR, but that's not Ban Laem in your pics (see mine attached), unsure which border post you were at.

Maybe that is Ban Pakard you went to? that's the other crossing point in PNR district.

Last 2 pics attached are PNR.

think you are right, it is Pong Nam Pakard (Ban Phak Kat). My Thai immigration stamp says "Pong Nam Ron" but I was at the border, not in a town. The Cambodian stamp says "Prum". There was also a duty free shop there (on the Cambodian side). It was a 3 hour drive from Pattaya (with a very fast driver).

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

so I am ok to do visa run at Pong Nam Ron ?, just turn right at the town and head for border ?

cheers

On Highway 317 heading towards Sa Kaeo from Chantaburi you come to the only intersection between the two cities with traffic lights to make it even easier not to miss. Even though this is all Amphur Pong Nam Ron, that place (where immigration is) is Thap Sai. The town of Pong Nam Ron is off to the right here. You cannot do visa runs here only extensions etc as Atmos points out. Continue for 6 kilometres and turn right at the sign that says Border Market. Follow this road for 15 kilometres until you come to a T intersection, turn right go another 7 kilometres, then turn left and do another 4. All the time following the Ban Laem signs. You will cross two checkpoints at the very end one is manned by soldiers they usually wave you through after slowing down, the second is police and they rarely show any interest. At the border crossing it is very busy, park around the back and, (personal recommendation only) deal with the Cambodian official who sits just outside, he will do everything for you for 1 or 2 hundred. He will catch your eye as you enter the immigration area. I have no experience of the other crossing mentioned but by the look of the photo it is nowhere near as busy.

I am coming up from chanthaburi, I know the lights you are talking about, there is also an immigration office not far from the lights (but they cant help you).

I just need 90 day stamp so might go a day or two early in case I have probs, I can allways go to arranyapratet or even surin if need be.

Edited by bronco