Best Steakhouse...?

bankroll

I personally do not like Prime and find it overrated. Given the price they charge for their meals one would expect a bit more professionalism from the staff. Also, a true steakhouse is supposed to have a salad bar. The previous restaurant at Thippurai Beach Hotel, Victoria, was much better. Prime has seen me for the last time.

Natta's on Soi 88 is a very good place, not really a steakhouse but they serve well made local and imported steaks that are good value for money. Another good steak restaurant is Papa John's in Khao Ta Kiab. A bit pricier than Natta's but well worth a visit.

Edited by stgrhe

Agree with two posters above... when I want a good steak I go to either Terrace90 (Soi 90) or Natta's (Soi 88). Both have really good steaks at very reasonable prices. T90 was running a special steak night (Sundays maybe?) where all their steaks are discounted. If still going on, information should be on their website.

Agree with two posters above... when I want a good steak I go to either Terrace90 (Soi 90) or Natta's (Soi 88). Both have really good steaks at very reasonable prices. T90 was running a special steak night (Sundays maybe?) where all their steaks are discounted. If still going on, information should be on their website.

Thanks for correcting my typing error. I have thus edited my post to correct the soi number to 88.

There's also a few places in market village - Santa Fe steak and the other more expensive one (can't remember the name) - Santa Fe was OK - cheap but the steak was not that amazing. I must check out the steaks at Terrace 90 - have been before once for breakfast but it was disappointing and another time for tacos or burritos I think - they were OK but I was a bit disappointed too. I'll give them one last try for steak since the posters on here seem to think it's pretty good!

Also in MV, especially at lunch (the same dish is run on special for lunch but higher priced at night), Fuji Japanese has a steak set where you get a steak cut into bite sized pieces easy to eat with chopsticks along with soup, salad, and several other side dishes for 140 baht (last time I had it). The steak is tender and very tasty.

Also in MV, especially at lunch (the same dish is run on special for lunch but higher priced at night), Fuji Japanese has a steak set where you get a steak cut into bite sized pieces easy to eat with chopsticks along with soup, salad, and several other side dishes for 140 baht (last time I had it). The steak is tender and very tasty.

Talking about MV, Sizzler. the 400 baht tenderloin is small but good, the more expensive ones are great. Great for lunch, not my style of dinner

and there is one more Japanese with the above steak, good and tender and 120 baht

Black Canyon steak is IMHO barely eatable