Ace Cafe Closed / Eat From 99 Baht To Open Soon

BugJackBaron

There used to be an all-you-can-eat for 99 Baht place over on 3rd Road a few years back, opposite Xcyte. I wonder if the same guy is having a second attempt? Good luck to whoever it is, anyway.

There used to be an all-you-can-eat for 99 Baht place over on 3rd Road a few years back, opposite Xcyte. I wonder if the same guy is having a second attempt? Good luck to whoever it is, anyway.

Actually the sign says "Dine from 99 Baht" so I doubt the 99 baht meal will be anything more than a couple of eggs and coffee . I believe the old Ace cafe had some items like that but most were more expensive.

Ace Cafe was just a step up from street food prices anyway, so I don't see this new venture as an indicator of anything. I have noticed that in Jomtien Complex now most (except Thai food) places you're talking minimum price meals in the 300 - 500 range. That's more of tourist price range than for everyday expat market. The entire area is beginning to get gentrified to a degree, probably related to that horrible road construction actually getting FINISHED. Many businesses died because of that road construction.

Edited by Jingthing

Ace Cafe was just a step up from street food prices anyway, so I don't see this new venture as an indicator of anything. I have noticed that in Jomtien Complex now most (except Thai food) places you're talking minimum price meals in the 300 - 500 range. That's more of tourist price range than for everyday expat market. The entire area is beginning to get gentrified to a degree, probably related to that horrible road construction actually getting FINISHED. Many businesses died because of that road construction.

Yes the road killed off a lot of businesses but the Thai eateries more or less remain. Meatpoint is gone(expensive farang food) and Papa David is up for sale. That is on the Jomtien Plaza side. As for Jomtien Complex, well some places have closed and it doesn't seem too healthy these days.

The Jomtien market is now where things are at in terms of bars and life but expensive farang places are not popping up even there.

"As for Jomtien Complex, well some places have closed and it doesn't seem too healthy these days."

It's as healthy as ever with more places opening all the time! Oscars Bistro in the Poseidon recently opened for a lovely buffet breakfast and will soon be open for dinner. East Tapas Lounge recently opened in the old Pagoda spot. Next to Linda's a new restaurant is going in.

And of course the old stand-bys are still going strong: Ritz Cafe, Mignon, Aquarius, L'Olivier. These last three have been opened now for many years so they must be doing something right.

Edited by richsilver