To Request Paypal Payment

Do you have an idea, what fees occur (in percent or flat fees) if I request payment in THB? (customer still in Europe)

To give you an idea we requested yesterday payment of USD2500.00 from payPal and the amount we will actually receive at Bangkok Bank in around 1 weeks time will be THB69,582.12. At current exchange rates USD2500 = THB74150!

Do you have an idea, what fees occur (in percent or flat fees) if I request payment in THB? (customer still in Europe)

To give you an idea we requested yesterday payment of USD2500.00 from payPal and the amount we will actually receive at Bangkok Bank in around 1 weeks time will be THB69,582.12. At current exchange rates USD2500 = THB74150!

I see, thank you

but question is if you request in THB, you only pay 3.9%, right?

I see, thank you

Not sure but think that if payment is to be made to a Thai bank it has to be in THB. The fee may only be 3.9% but you lose on the exchange rate. The rate PayPal gave us yesterday was 28.9960 as opposed to the Bangkok Bank rate of 29.66.

I see, thank you

Not sure but think that if payment is to be made to a Thai bank it has to be in THB. The fee may only be 3.9% but you lose on the exchange rate. The rate PayPal gave us yesterday was 28.9960 as opposed to the Bangkok Bank rate of 29.66.

can you see paypal currency rate before get payed?

Edited by antaray

Paypal has by far the worst exchange rates, and paying additional 3.9% you call 'only'? I must wait one year long to get that interest in the bank! Paypal simply sucks!

I see your point but some people don't want/like to make t/t

What's the way out

its a business decision. I'd say split the fees with the buyer, either implicitly or explicitly, in your price or your terms... they either agree & buy or they don't. Paypal owns the game, so no sense bitchinaboutit. Widely accepted alternatives to PP, anyone?

You can transfer USD from Paypal account to Bangkok Bank account in Thailand via Bangkok Bank New York Branch. This will allow Bangkok Bank to receive your funds in USD and Bangkok Bank will convert your USD funds with its rate in Thailand which is better that Paypal rate. However, you need to link your account with Bangkok Bank New York first. For details on how to do this, please go to bangkokbank.com>transferring funds>tranferring money from USA to Thailand>Paypal payment for international ecommerce. You will also receive funds quicker using this route.

Edited by silomrama