Thai Wifes Uk Settlement Visa Refused

Those that have BULATS certificates, double check that the test report form provides scores in all the skill areas: reading, writing, speaking and listening.

Can you elaborte ? Why is a marking in all 4 areas necessary ? On the certificates I have seen it just shows "failed" for reading and writing. The requirement in law seems to be only that the pass must be in the two required areas - listening and speaking - so how can UKBA insist on "fail" markings in the other two areas. Surely that is a requirement that is outside the law ?

Edited by VisasPlus

Those that have BULATS certificates, double check that the test report form provides scores in all the skill areas: reading, writing, speaking and listening.

Can you elaborte ? Why is a marking in all 4 areas necessary ? On the certificates I have seen it just shows "failed" for reading and writing. The requirement in law seems to be only that the pass must be in the two required areas - listening and speaking - so how can UKBA insist on "fail" markings in the other two areas. Surely that is a requirement that is outside the law ?

On the 'Pass' certificate my wife received, it stated - Overall score 32.....Listening score 43.....reading and language score 27 - Overall Band CEF/ALTE Level : A2/1. The reading and writing is a 'Adaptive' computer based test while the 'listening & speaking' is tested by a human. I can only assume that the 'Language' score incorporates 'Writing and speaking'.

It is possible that the 'fail' you speak of may indicate that the computer based test was not undertaken?

On the 'Pass' certificate my wife received, it stated - Overall score 32.....Listening score 43.....reading and language score 27 - Overall Band CEF/ALTE Level : A2/1. The reading and writing is a 'Adaptive' computer based test while the 'listening & speaking' is tested by a human. I can only assume that the 'Language' score incorporates 'Writing and speaking'.

It is possible that the 'fail' you speak of may indicate that the computer based test was not undertaken?

Hi Chronos below is from my wife's results from Bulats A1 English test certificate from Vantage -Siam

Speaking B Reading and listening B + Writing A+

A being low and 20%* pass ( anything lower than A is a Fail)

A+

B being medium 65%*pass

B+

C being Top Grade 95%*pass (but don't quote me on the percentages as not accurate)

C+

Taken on the 20th May and submitted on the 26th May cheers from pomchob

Edited by POMCHOB

When my wife did the BULATS she was given two certificates. I believe it was something like one achieved at level A1 for the reading & listening, and for speaking she achieved level B1

Hi todmeister my mistake have had it confirmed it is A1 B1

not .. - or +.. they have either a 1 or a 2 after the letter sorry for confusion

Pomchob

Hi Guys..well the good news is...if your wife has undertaken a recent BULATS test with Vantage and she attained a minimum A1 pass in listening and speaking (most of our wives got higher of course) then that is sufficient for visa purposes..and I have just cornfirmed that Vantage are an approved provider...

because we got our Visa today!!

Hi Guys..well the good news is...if your wife has undertaken a recent BULATS test with Vantage and she attained a minimum A1 pass in listening and speaking (most of our wives got higher of course) then that is sufficient for visa purposes..and I have just cornfirmed that Vantage are an approved provider...

because we got our Visa today!!

Hello chronos

Well Done congratulations to you both I hope you have a Happy and healthy prosperous

future together :partytime2: all the very best from Pomchob