Swedish Expat Murdered At Luxury Villa In Phuket

webfact

You know something seriously wrong with Thailand - expats retire there to get away from crime in Aussie/ USA pommy land etc / all the crap etc =- what a race of dickheads where they murder thier own meal tickets !!!!! and nobody is safe ''land of smiles and she'll be right '' ok when does it all get cleaned up ! i seen all the red shirts there when i stayed last year for awhile - what a scaremongering lot of crap that was '' red shirts about as dangerous as a stone garden gnome ! yet they shut down towns ohh gosh!!!! in one way i see violence there as a lot of crap! then you see some expat 25 murdered by Thais for what ??? they don't steal his loot or credit card = then whats the purpose ? since when did a Thai man ever give 2 tosse's what a westerner did ??

Something seriously wrong here Thais must be dumb eh ?

(1 Thailand without westerner - like a rolls royce with no motor - no dollars to drive it - so you look after 'your meal ticket ( dickheads - you dont kill it ) as without him you got a big percentage of nothing = tis fact ! ( they cant count eh ) everything is a quid these days sad but true -so you dont kill it -------what the way the world is!!! down to its last 2 cents ! what do Thais do ''doh we ''not want ferlang'' --thats ok we'd rather eat grass = dickheads ! you cant have the $$$ without the man sorry it don't work that way ---you embrace his money, he's the boss and you embrace his ways ! - thats the law of the jungle !

Yes thats the shot'' now Thailand scare's away the Swede tourists thats the way eh !----------iriots''''' you embrace the dollars'' --------------hellloooo))))) you don't chase it away ! i mean who cares what he did ? whats the worst he could have done -slept with 4 tarts in a week - no crime in that ! He'd not be stealing---- nothing there you'd risk jail for !!!! lol ----------

Nothing in Thailand where a Thai could justify murder ! if you read travel brochures - and believe them!! then nothing happens in Thailand as to what we read here today hmm--- somebody is telling fibs !

But hey Thais gottu wake up my friends western man unless its paedephile well in Thailand he should never be upset by anybody because i mean 90% westerners living there doing the Thais a favour ! most get robbed for the favour ?- be me if i was a Thai id be to scared to say ''boo '' to western guy '' let alone attack it - maybe they are just total nut cases -thats easy fixed just lock em all up , or bump em off ----------i mean who's going to miss them !

Hm strange place with a lot to learn -about - who's paying your way in life !----------old analogie applies man with the $$$$ makes the rules!! the rest bow the head and follow !

stevo52

??? Better start taking the medication again, Stevo. ???

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So it turns out the deceased is Russian, not Swedish. And the assailants were two Swedes, not 12 Thais.

What a useless article.

My apologies to any Thai people reading this forum.

It’s indeed very sad that a story could be changed in such a terrible way.

Living in LOS for 10 years in a very dangerous area and having lots of Thai friends makes me feel bad, how people can write such BS about Thais in general.

Would you hate all Americans, because some dropped the bomb over Hiroshima?

Sorry, I’m confused. :jap:

If you want to see how Farangs are treated when they have no money then read the following: http://www.thaivisa....nd/page__st__50 This poor bastard was treated like a debtor in Olde England. His treatment is a reflection of actual racism, not the silly "1st year college" definition that is repeatedly reconstructed by the idealistic apologists who love sticking their long noses in adult conversations.

In Thailand, except in a few rare cases, no one will come to a foreigner's aid. He will get his scull caved in, and the Thais will join in, or watch. Other foreigners are scared of getting beaten, so all they can do is offer aid after the fact. The police rarely investigate crimes against us. In fact, if one of us is murdered, it is not that big of a deal.

One last comment to the apologists - try and use the logical part of your brains, and ask yourselves "what would be the reaction of western law enforcement and the media if a Thai expat was slaughtered in his residential compound?" Furthermore, use some of your self proclaimed sensitivity, and consider the effects of your inane criticisms upon people who may be deeply disturbed by this slaughter.

I asked myself that question.

I would assume it would be headline news in several newspapers, maybe even TV.

I would assume the police would try and find the suspects and solve the murder.

Oh - that is what happened here too.

We're in danger of losing sight of the reality behind this thread - a young man has been murdered.

I admit that I too got involved in personal posts and apologise.

Let's get back to the point.

Absolutely right and I echo all of that.

Kudos for being the one to point it out.

Here we go again!

Very good for the Thai image and tourism.

Each will tell his side of the story , but where will that end?

Someone must be right and someone must be wrong , very said if it's happens to you.

But what 's the real story behind that all?

Woman, drugs, drinking, jealousy,gambling,....?

Being normal seems tobe very difficult thes days!

Not everyone is blowing wind out their Ar$e..if you google "Call Centre Gang Apprehended" and Pattaya, you will be able to see that the murder suspects were involved in a boiler room scam that got busted.

It seems the Thais actually went easy on them, just hit with working without a work permit..so i am not sure what all the anti Thai against farang hysteria is all about.

Maybe the investigation was ongoing and the young murdered guy was helping the police.

Seeing how the names of the suspects in the both the call centre gang and those who are now being hunted for murder appear to be the same, i would think that might be a good clue.

Nothing much to do with tourism and everything else you mention,this involves farang getting up to no good in someone elses country and then killing their own

Edited by ozzieovaseas

Since I know and know off all the actors involved I can confirm that this was related to both their choice of work and women - that clashed.

These are young guys (5-10 years younger than me, that found themselves in situation of great wealth and 'power' (in the local clubs) and this wasn't something they wanted to give up or have diluted by others joining in by setting up their own operations.

Really Thai Visa - where are the mods?

How many racists comments go unpunished on these boards.

"These" people are psychopaths

This illustrates just how helpful Thai's are not in these situations.

I always know that Thai are the beasts.

do you clowns really think this does not happen in London and New York. Do you think greater numbers never pick on smaller numbers in these places.

If you dont like here LEAVE - simple. I know many Thai's and most are as nice if not nicer than many many wwesterners I have met. Both living here and abroad.

I really thought TV was beter than this. STOP racists comments. Please.

Graham.

Huh? You think the people that did this AREN'T psychopaths?

It's hard to steer clear of commenting on Thais because it is the Thais that are involved. Hardly being racist.

I have to agree with this. Most of us (I hope) would feel bad for the guy even if it was "high street thugs" that did this to him.

Then we'd also wonder if he there was something behind it he may have done to provoke it.

And we'd also wonder if anyone was around that might have helped.

Doesnt make us racist. Although I'd hardly say something as inflammatory as "Thai's are beasts" there is something to be said

of the differences in the cultures. A yaba/crack crazed band of thugs is scary in any country (if thats what they were) and easily could be psychopaths.

Is it any better or morally more upstanding to just scream at people "if you dont like it just go home!!" lol

Personally, I'd love to go home now, any time in the past three years. I think this is a great place to visit, but living is another story.

But to leave I'd have to leave my daughter alone, as her mum disappeared and thai law does not recognize me being father just

because I'm on the birth certificate. I have to pay 200,000 baht to get my parental rights, or wait until she's six years old. I choose

not to abandon my daughter as much as I'd like to leave. So tell me to leave all you want, better yet tell the government to kick me out it

would be cheaper ;o)

Jus my two bobs.

Edited by SiamWallaby

Since I know and know off all the actors involved I can confirm that this was related to both their choice of work and women - that clashed.

These are young guys (5-10 years younger than me, that found themselves in situation of great wealth and 'power' (in the local clubs) and this wasn't something they wanted to give up or have diluted by others joining in by setting up their own operations.

agree on the above, the lad that got killed was a egular in Hollywood with the people that worked for him.... always showing alot of money and women

I wouldn't be too confident just yet - according to Nationmaster (admittedly it is taking figures from Wiki for this one) Thailand is ranked 3rd in the world for Firearm Homicide Rates with 33 per 100,000 ppl against 3.6 for USA.

http://www.nationmas...per-100-000-pop

Not sure why this is totally out of whack with the previous stats but could be they are talking about conviction rates rather than actual murderers.

I read the statistics too, killing with firearms is at a high level, but highly concentrated in four areas, two have a high concentration of "international business".

But statistics give a a wrong view on reality if no differential diagnosis is at work.

Finland, highest standards for education and welfare, quality of live etc. is in the top ten for murders (per capita) in Europe.

wow ; viscious

wonder how / who he pissed off

Could have been anyone. These people are psychopaths.

Cowardly psychopaths.Don't really have to do much to piss them off.Just bump into a mini bus in Patong and you will be beaten up.

What a Sh-tehole this place has turned into

@ Starkey_rich: Well, what the hell keeps you here? If you do not like Thailand, the Thais and/or its inhabitants in general - LEAVE and go home! As said wisely by one poster earlier "there is no one forcing you with a gun at your head to have you staying in Thailand"...

(Edited for misstyping purpose, only ;-))))

Edited by TinaKohChang

With 12 men, they can blame each other, and in the end, nobody will go to jail. The Men in Brown will probably find that the foreigner stole the knife from one of the 12 and slashed himself.

This is likely to be the only plausible explanation the men in brown will find! Looking forward to the outcome of their investigation! Meanwhile :bah: :bah: :bah:

Well, what can I say. I always know that Thai are the beasts. This case just proved again it's good idea to left this country.

With that kind of slur against Thai people perhaps it is a god idea that you have left this country.

Hopefully someone will be held accountable, but we all know how the corridors of justice work.

The vast majority of Thai people are gentle and kind.

A tragic situation for the Swedish man, R.I.P. , but what were the reasons he was so grievously assaulted?

Thais are no more vicious than a gang of English high street thugs, or any other nationality for that matter. B)

The reason why I said you has been many times on Thaivisa already - assulting and muredering foreigners. An police just don't do any movement because they are Thai but we are nobody and nothing here.

Do you know statistic of insurance companies - the most number of foreigners asking for medical help exactly in Thailand. Guess why?

And.. Do you really think that Thai people will be gentl to you if they need something from you - you money or your property or you life?

Food poisoning ?

Drunk motorbike crashes ?

Drunk fights ?

Drunk accidents ?

My money's on "bashing heads against a wall when there is no alcohol sold on holidays" :P

Where are the Thai's that we knew? Where are the real Buddhists? Where is the land of smiles, instead of this land of knives, or land of guns?

Get far away from the tourist areas like Phuket and Pattaya.

Living in the North or the North East of Thailand is much safer.

The real Buddhists nowdays tend to be concentrated mostly in the North and the North East of Thailand.

I have to agree and it seems that more farangs are doing so. My wife works for a realtor/developer and she says that there are a lot more farangs comming into her office in Chiangmai to buy or rent properties. Mostly she says are British, Australian and German people. She hasn't mentioned any Russians yet.

the lad that got killed was a egular in Hollywood with the people that worked for him.... always showing alot of money and women

ah , the truth (allegedly) comes out

precisely why everyone who knows me thinks i am poor and gay :D

Edited by jackdawson

It was not 12 men involved according to PG: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle10759.html

I googled on these two guys; They both were involved in the so called tele marrketing business. I. e. sending false invoices to small companies.

Tommy Viktor Soderlund were one of the guys from the Viking hotel bust a few months ago in Pattaya...

Edited by hakancnx

agree on the above, the lad that got killed was a egular in Hollywood with the people that worked for him.... always showing alot of money and women

What a turnaraound this thread has taken. The Thais have copped several pages of bad raps, mostly unwarranted, which is now backed up by Tawp and Boater who seem to have a pretty good idea of who these guys are/were and what they were up to.

It just defies logic that these guys do what they do and and can be so brash and arrogant...a dodgy illegal business, flaunting lots of money and women (and god knows what else) in a place like Pattaya, and somehow thinking they will not eventually get a tap on the shoulder, unbelievable :o

So Tawp and Boater...if these guys got busted for working without a permit how is it they were not deported?

What can you say but Live and die by the sword i guess

What a turnaraound this thread has taken. The Thais have copped several pages of bad raps, mostly unwarranted, which is now backed up by Tawp and Boater who seem to have a pretty good idea of who these guys are/were and what they were up to.

It just defies logic that these guys do what they do and and can be so brash and arrogant...a dodgy illegal business, flaunting lots of money and women (and god knows what else) in a place like Pattaya, and somehow thinking they will not eventually get a tap on the shoulder, unbelievable :o

So Tawp and Boater...if these guys got busted for working without a permit how is it they were not deported?

What can you say but Live and die by the sword i guess

i dont know the guys that killed him, but know of the guy that got killed and some of his friends... so not to sure why the people who killed him where still in Thailand

how do you blame to Thai's for not helping? I'm guessing the fact it was a luxury villa in Phuket would indicate most of the guests observing the incident would be foreign, so how exactly can you pick fault with Thais?!

and what exactly, would you have Thai's do in that situation? It sounds like anyone that had tried to intervene would have met the same fate as the poor Swede. Would you die for a stranger?

why do so many people have a go at Thai people all the time?

next you'll be telling me that no-one in England ever gets stabbed, and no-one in the US ever gets shot...

Where I come from in the good old wild west, the neighbors would have helped if they could. Stop and ask strangers if they need help at night happens all the time. But then I am from a state with no state taxes. And allows for persons that have not committed a crime to carry a gun at 21 years old. Smallest crime rate in the continental 48 states. Most of the rest of the world is just like here, Stand And Watch. Too Bad.

Try to wear a yellow shirt at night and see what happens in the North.

What will happen if I wear a yellow shirt in Chiang Mai at 3:00 am?

The same thing will not happen if I wear a blue shirt?

Well, I don't like neither yellow nor red color for my shirts. Do you?

It's better to be on the safe side, when you are anywhere in Thailand please avoid wearing either yellow or red coloured dresses and shirts... :)

I wonder what was the shirt's color the poor Swedish guy was wearing, oh my God....

You know something seriously wrong with Thailand - expats retire there to get away from crime in Aussie/ USA pommy land etc / all the crap etc =- what a race of dickheads where they murder thier own meal tickets !!!!! and nobody is safe ''land of smiles and she'll be right '' ok when does it all get cleaned up ! i seen all the red shirts there when i stayed last year for awhile - what a scaremongering lot of crap that was '' red shirts about as dangerous as a stone garden gnome ! yet they shut down towns ohh gosh!!!! in one way i see violence there as a lot of crap! then you see some expat 25 murdered by Thais for what ??? they don't steal his loot or credit card = then whats the purpose ? since when did a Thai man ever give 2 tosse's what a westerner did ??

Something seriously wrong here Thais must be dumb eh ?

(1 Thailand without westerner - like a rolls royce with no motor - no dollars to drive it - so you look after 'your meal ticket ( dickheads - you dont kill it ) as without him you got a big percentage of nothing = tis fact ! ( they cant count eh ) everything is a quid these days sad but true -so you dont kill it -------what the way the world is!!! down to its last 2 cents ! what do Thais do ''doh we ''not want ferlang'' --thats ok we'd rather eat grass = dickheads ! you cant have the $$ without the man sorry it don't work that way ---you embrace his money, he's the boss and you embrace his ways ! - thats the law of the jungle !

Yes thats the shot'' now Thailand scare's away the Swede tourists thats the way eh !----------iriots''''' you embrace the dollars'' --------------hellloooo))))) you don't chase it away ! i mean who cares what he did ? whats the worst he could have done -slept with 4 tarts in a week - no crime in that ! He'd not be stealing---- nothing there you'd risk jail for !!!! lol ----------

Nothing in Thailand where a Thai could justify murder ! if you read travel brochures - and believe them!! then nothing happens in Thailand as to what we read here today hmm--- somebody is telling fibs !

But hey Thais gottu wake up my friends western man unless its paedephile well in Thailand he should never be upset by anybody because i mean 90% westerners living there doing the Thais a favour ! most get robbed for the favour ?- be me if i was a Thai id be to scared to say ''boo '' to western guy '' let alone attack it - maybe they are just total nut cases -thats easy fixed just lock em all up , or bump em off ----------i mean who's going to miss them !

Hm strange place with a lot to learn -about - who's paying your way in life !----------old analogie applies man with the $$ makes the rules!! the rest bow the head and follow !

stevo52

Sorry Zakk, wrong. If one person does not confess, penalty is applied to all concerned.

Had a 2 in-laws in a pick-up (cheap ride to BKK) where drugs were found. 8 got 12 years each, no money for lawyers, driver never faced charges.

This post has got a bloody great big red *CONTROL ISSUES* sign flashing all over it. Did the nasty Thai man upset you? Here's your teddy. There, there . . .

Tourism accounts for around 6% of Thailand's GDP according to this source : http://www.wttc.org/eng/Tourism_Research/Economic_Research/Country_Reports/Thailand/

To put it in your terms, collectively you all have about 6 cents in the $, so to take a broad perspective I suppose the man with the $$ really does make the rules.

jap.gif

how do you blame to Thai's for not helping? I'm guessing the fact it was a luxury villa in Phuket would indicate most of the guests observing the incident would be foreign, so how exactly can you pick fault with Thais?!

and what exactly, would you have Thai's do in that situation? It sounds like anyone that had tried to intervene would have met the same fate as the poor Swede. Would you die for a stranger?

why do so many people have a go at Thai people all the time?

next you'll be telling me that no-one in England ever gets stabbed, and no-one in the US ever gets shot...

Where I come from in the good old wild west, the neighbors would have helped if they could. Stop and ask strangers if they need help at night happens all the time. But then I am from a state with no state taxes. And allows for persons that have not committed a crime to carry a gun at 21 years old. Smallest crime rate in the continental 48 states. Most of the rest of the world is just like here, Stand And Watch. Too Bad.

The neighbours probably did just as much as almost anyone else (armed or not) would do if they knew that the island that they live on is controlled by a violent mafia who hold all the levers of recourse.

Edited by Trembly

Maybe the investigation was ongoing and the young murdered guy was helping the police.

Seeing how the names of the suspects in the both the call centre gang and those who are now being hunted for murder appear to be the same, i would think that might be a good clue.

Yes, a very interesting new opinion. Bravo.

If it is true it will explain many things.

Edited by Barin

You seem to be very well informed.... B)

Would you please tell us more about the nature of this "Call Center" scam?

Why is this illegal business so profitable? How does it work?

Sorry to hear about this tragedy.

There are too few facts to really post any worth while comment but the kind of information that I'm wondering is the nature of his business as there's not so many factories on Phuket, and what was his financial position like as most 25 year olds don't have much money or can live in a luxury Villa (perhaps it belonged to a friend?).

I disagree that it was a warning. A knife and the neck spells death. 12 men signifies a gang...The leader of the gang will have picked the killer and the rest of them had to go to edge him on using the crowd concept and also as an example of what might happen to them....

Did the youg fellor scratc a mini-bus or tuk-tuk, sleep with a girlfriend or something more serious, or perhaps he simply did nothing and it's just mistaken identity.

Once again, in broad daylight clearly these thugs believed that they had the power necessary to do this. I wonder if any of the bistanders filmed it with a mobile...

Edited by Junglejumbo