3Bb Now Blocking 3Rd Party Dns Servers

Phil Conners

I've been using GoogleDNS since it was available, now today I suddenly get this message:

post-1539-0-36784700-1312260993_thumb.pn

Had to enable my proxy server to be able to use the Internet again. Yes I could perhaps have changed to use their DNS servers but I have a range of devices in my house using static (private) IP addresses and those all need to setup with explicit DNS servers. Hopefully they will change this idiocy again and I don't want to go around and change everything for nothing.

And not a word about what to do if you happen to be using Linux or don't want to use DHCP or don't understand Thai.

Why is it every time things starts to stabilize with thai ISP's some Somchai always have to get his finger out of his nose and start poking around changing things. :annoyed:

surely it is illegal to block 3rd party DNS, I am sure Google will have something to say about it... It's bullshit.....does anyone know the correct DNS settings to use...?

3bb's DNS servers are shocking at best...... Unfuc_kingbelievable

What happens if you've got a Mac..... absolute joke

Edited by mightyharriss

If outgoing port 53 traffic is blocked by 3BB I don't see how setting up a dns server pointing to localhost would help, anyway, it's open again so there are no issue anymore. Still no update from 3BB what happened and from experience I don't expect any either.

I expect that it was just a 3BB router problem on part of your line. They seem to have a lot of these.

I find that large sections of the internet just vanish off the radar completely from time to time here. Then a few minutes/hours/days later they come back again for no reason. Open a VPN and they all work perfectly all the time.