Chuwit To Run For Governor In Bangkok

george

Chuwit to run for governor

BANGKOK: Massage-parlour tycoon Chuwit Kamolvisit thrust himself back into the limelight this week by announcing that he would run to be Bangkok's next governor.

Chuwit told The Nation that he intended to run for the city's top job and was currently assembling his election team. "I will be Thailand's Arnold Schwarzenegger," he said, referring to California's improbable new governor.

Months after exposing a web of bribery and corruption in the ranks of the police, the red-light entrepreneur is now the leader of his own First Thai Nation Party. Chuwit said he would officially announce his candidacy and policies in the next few months.

Chuwit, who has 11 pending court cases against him, issued a warning to his enemies that raised doubts about his real intentions.

He would target any candidates who have a conflict with him, he said, suggesting that he may use the election to continue fighting the officials who want him jailed.

Some members of his election team might come from the team of former governor Bhichit Rattakul, he added.

--The Nation 2004-01-03

Guest chingy

I would like to join Chuwit party, where do i sign up, maybe being his employee we get free pass to one of his place, they say the girl there are very nice.

Chuwit -v- Purachai, hmmmmm.

But has Chuwit a proper agenda for BKK, or is he a one-issue man?

I would like to see an end to corruption, which Chuwit promises. Under Purachai it would probably mean that all sex-trade woud be driven underground, thus enlarging the base and opportunity for corruption. Certainly it would not close down the business, which is something available in all major cities in the world.

Pissing in the wind?