Marmite & Rimping

mallmagician

Last week it had Marmite but we made a special trip for Vegemite which it did not have. If anyone know if they have it now let me know please. Marmite is no substitute.

I think you've got that the wrong way round, pal! Vegemite is for pussies. It's bland, tasteless crap compared to Marmite.

:D

Last week it had Marmite but we made a special trip for Vegemite which it did not have. If anyone know if they have it now let me know please. Marmite is no substitute.

I think you've got that the wrong way round, pal! Vegemite is for pussies. It's bland, tasteless crap compared to Marmite.

Your'e both pussies.....Cherry Blossom Boot Polish is far superior. biggrin.gif

In case anyone is interested? Marmite was invented in 1914 as a food supplement (high in Folic Acid) for the troops in the 1914-1918 war,while Vegemite was invented in Australia in 1923.

In my opinion Marmite is the better of the two.

In case anyone is interested? Marmite was invented in 1914 as a food supplement (high in Folic Acid) for the troops in the 1914-1918 war,while Vegemite was invented in Australia in 1923.

In my opinion Marmite is the better of the two.

Another tidbit: It's banned in Denmark because of too much supplements and someone started a rumor in the Western Food Forum that it was banned in Thailand. :D

Chicog' …………………You are so right…………………….Marmite babies rule! Vegemite sucks ass, and is Marmite's bitch!:whistling:

Edited by Tonto21

We're happy little vegemites

as bright as bright can be

we all enjoy our vegemite

for breakfast lunch and tea

Our mummies say we are growing stronger

Every single week

because we love our vegemite

we all enjoy our vegemite

it leaves a rose in every cheek

Why do you aussies always say daft things... how can Marmite be a substitute when it's the original? That vege stuff is like a poor relation (pun intended); in fact, it has absolutely no likeness. I also found your chocolate was quite unpalatable when over there and you can't even get fish & chips right. The wheels really came off, eh! :whistling:

edit - Marmite can't be beat... has a load of B vitamins in there (including B12, so good for veges) and a ton of salt so can leave it on the shelf for donkeys years, probably even in Muang Thai. Rimping does the small jar for about 240baht and the big un for around 380 if memory serves.

Edited by jackr

Does Rimping have marmite? Can't remember seeing it there. Is it pricey?

Phil

Yes.

Can you spare and 'Arm and a Leg' to use the venacular?

But I guess that it is the only place in town unless Tops have it on their shelves

Phil

Yes.

But I guess that it is the only place in town unless Tops have it on their shelves

Tops does but it is a hand and foot there.

edited to add....but I guess that is not for the ones who have a hand to mouth existence here.

Edited by harrry

Phil

Yes.

Tops does but it is a hand and foot there.

edited to add....but I guess that is not for the ones who have a hand to mouth existence here.

Well Harry.....

i guess that I am one of many who may fit into the category that you mention !