Swedish National Nabbed near Hua Hin On 100 Million Baht Fraud Case

webfact

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This guy looks flamilar, I think I had a argument with him on the golf course at one time, he was an arragant SOB, great now They'll ship him back to Sweden, one less MFA_sshole on the courses here in Hua Hin.:thumbsup:

Which one are you ?

Yep you got me !!:lol:

Cambodia is the country to go to if you have money but no job. You can legally live there forever by renewing your business visa on an annual basis for somewhere in the ballpark of US$275 or you can buy Cambodian citizenship for whatever the going rate is now...i have heard US$30,000, whereas it used to be only like US$10,000. This guy obviously didn't know this and has now been caught. Unless he was able to live in Thailand on all this money he embezzeled, he would have had to be working illegally to support himself (perhaps as an English teacher...crap money but the crappiest places continue to hire people from non-English speaking countries as long as you are white).

Burger flipper, dish washer? Ha! I'd love to see a farang working such a job in Asia and all the attention they'd get.

Edited by Tomtomtom69

Posted Today, 04:17

snapback.pngPingManDan, on Today, 03:48 , said:

This guy looks flamilar, I think I had a argument with him on the golf course at one time, he was an arragant SOB, great now They'll ship him back to Sweden, one less MFA_sshole on the courses here in Hua Hin.:thumbsup:

LOL Not for long. He'll get a few years in a Swedish prison and be back in no time...:rolleyes:

As a criminal that commited a crime in another country (or inside Thailand, doesn't really matter where) he should not be allowed back into Thailand. If he broke immigration law by working illegally and overstaying, he should also not be allowed back in. What is wrong with Thailand? If Australia and the USA can ban foreigners for years at a time (or even for life) from coming into the country due to them having serious criminal convictions or having overstayed their visas in the past (particularly in the case of serial overstayers) then why can't Thailand? Why does Thailand continue to suck up to westerners?

Well, maybe in 15 years when China rules this world and westerners are in the minority here (in terms of tourists and expats) and 2/3 of all foreigners in Thailand are Chinese, things will change.

Edited by Tomtomtom69

In my village in the North we see a few farangs with their Thai wives or girlfriends at the local markets that won't even look you in the eye or say hi when you greet them as a fellow farang. I rarely see them go outside their walled compound and we have always suspected they are probably wanted by a foreign court for some type of crime. The borders are very easy to cross in case you need to evade the police and they know this so it's became a perfect place to hide for people on the run. Around here you learn to keep your mouth shut and look the other way, including the police.