I Bought A Chevy Cruze

Need more...

The new VIOS got a facelift. And it is just about time because the VIOS looks like crap.

Since it is Toyota, I am assuming the interior is still cheap and the ride is loud.

The Yaris no longer looks gay or like a M3 girl's car. No longer silly interior of centered mounted gauges. Never got that one.

There is a friend here who owns a Civic. About 5 years old. Tan. His seats look like shit.

That's one of the things that put me off from buying the Civic. My test car was almost 1 million. Tan leather. It looked like it was a taxi. And the seats were uncomfortable.

Well. Let's not get on with the Civic. That was a really shit car in every way.

Kenny, if you or the man you are defending, doesn't like people speaking frankly about his car, perhaps he (and you) should look at the way he talks about other people's cars. People in glass houses and all that...

:clap2:, l will have to try and figure out how you pick stuff and post it as you have. Well done and point made. :D

Except that first off most of those comments were after the fact in his defense due to attacks against his choice and they were not specifically targeting any one members personal vehicle or choice thereof.. If someone chooses to take that personally when it's a general comment about a certain make then that falls on their thin skin IMO, no names being mentioned of course but......... :whistling: ..

Yep somebody's got way too much time on their hands to make sifting through that rubbish worth it to quote out of context remarks :rolleyes:..

Edited by WarpSpeed

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that first off most of those comments were after the fact in his defense due to attacks against his choice and they were not specifically targeting any one members personal vehicle or choice thereof.. If someone chooses to take that personally when it's a general comment about a certain make then that falls on their thin skin IMO, no names being mentioned of course but......... :whistling: ..

Yep somebody's got way too much time on their hands to make sifting through that rubbish worth it to quote out of context remarks :rolleyes:..

As i always say, people can read the thread for themselves and make up their own minds - if they can be so bothered.

If Kenny has done so, and hasn't just come in mid-discussion, and he still feels that TH Cruze has been unfairly treated, and that his negative remarks about other cars should still allow him to be protected from negative comments about his car, then fair enough. That's Kenny's opinion - and yours by the looks of it.

It's clear who has the thin skin around here.

As for the jibe about too much time on my hands, i will resist the temptation to respond with what i am thinking about you. I'm nice like that. wink.gif

i will resist the temptation to respond with what i am thinking about you. I'm nice like that. wink.gif

Yeah sure you are! I already know you have a deep seeded appreciation for my input but it phases me not <_< :jap: ..

Yeah sure you are! I already know you have a deep seeded appreciation for my input but it phases me not <_< :jap: ..

I'll have to take your word for that as i have no idea what a deep seeded appreciation is.

Yes......

By "yes" i take it, nor do you.

I'll have to take your word for that as i have no idea what a deep seeded appreciation is.

Yes......

Oh! I definitely do!!..Know, that is......

Oh! I definitely do!!..Know, that is......

What riveting discourse.

So go on then.. explain. I can't be the only one to have not heard of a deep seeded appreciation.

Surely you are.....I'm done....

"deep seated...." :whistling: I too, wish we had thaicruze here for entertainment....:D

Thanks keemapoot. Yep, i'm familiar with "deep seated". Perhaps that is what he meant, or perhaps "deep seeded" has some other meaning. Who knows?

Entertainment? Here?

biggrin.gif

As for a reader having time to Sift , age is a factor in a public forum , and not a point of ridicule. Perhaps some of us cant spend hours under a hood, or even want too. If i did spend time bent over an engine,i wouldnt stand for weeks.:rolleyes:

I hear what you say. (actually i don't, i read it smile.gif - try to anyway!)

As for the sifting, it took no more than five minutes of my time and i think was a better spending of time than the last half an hour of trying to understand what deep seed means.

Edited by rixalex

As for a reader having time to Sift , age is a factor in a public forum , and not a point of ridicule. Perhaps some of us cant spend hours under a hood, or even want too. If i did spend time bent over an engine,i wouldnt stand for weeks.:rolleyes:

You're not alone there Pal smile.gif

Guess who l saw whilst out in the Mustang :huh:

Sorry, it should have read.

Was overtaken by a Cruze today. :huh:

Since you brought a Mustang Boss into this: Enjoy the new Boss 302. Awesome...

http://www.youtube.c...tch?v=rCMxgoWaq

Yep, familiar with the Boss 302 but very interested in the Muzzy 429. :D

post-41816-0-88615100-1318566397_thumb.j

whoops, screwed up the quotes. Anyway, check out the Boss 302.

429ci is more like it eh. :D

"deep seated...." :whistling: I too, wish we had thaicruze here for entertainment....:D

Thanks keemapoot. Yep, i'm familiar with "deep seated". Perhaps that is what he meant, or perhaps "deep seeded" has some other meaning. Who knows?

Entertainment? Here?

biggrin.gif

Trying to read into what's not there? Have you never heard of seeds? Do they grow when planted? Top tennis players are considered top seeded players for example. Silly you!

Deep seeded refers to "deeply seeded" (or implanted) in your mind as with an idea or point of view.... Can you move on in your life now? Gawd! at times it takes more patience here then with my 6 & 7 year old :rolleyes: ..

to place, introduce, etc., to seed a lake with trout.
my quote "I know you have a deep seeded appreciation for my posts" or something to that effect can't be arsed to search it exactly. It's sarcasm BTW but applies if you're able to think it through.

Now you've been further educated, you know this term as well. &lt;deleted&gt; what a simpleton, I hope you're not a degree'd TEFLR.. And people wonder why at times I come off as condescending, it's with good reason all too often..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Entertainment? Here?

biggrin.gif

Trying to read into what's not there? Have you never heard of seeds? Do they grow when planted? Top tennis players are considered top seeded players for example. Silly you!

Deep seeded refers to "deeply seeded" (or implanted) in your mind as with an idea or point of view.... Can you move on in your life now? Gawd! at times it takes more patience here then with my 6 & 7 year old :rolleyes: ..

my quote "I know you have a deep seeded appreciation for my posts" or something to that effect can't be arsed to search it exactly. It's sarcasm BTW but applies if you're able to think it through.

Now you've been further educated, you know this term as well. &lt;deleted&gt; what a simpleton, I hope you're not a degree'd TEFLR.. And people wonder why at times I come off as condescending, it's with good reason all too often..

The expression is deep-seated.

Christmas isn't far away now - why not ask Santa for a dictionary? Might help with all that educating work you are doing.

[/size][/font]

Entertainment? Here?

biggrin.gif

The expression is deep-seated.

Christmas isn't far away now - why not ask Santa for a dictionary? Might help with all that educating work you are doing.

[/quote

Simply a moron you are... The expression is what I choose to word it as, it is "deep seeded" in my post and that's the intended expression being used, just because the meaning is over your head is YOUR problem not mine. I coin my own original phrases not limit myself to only phrases other people have used, imbecile!

Now, that's the end of it! You've displayed your limited comprehension enough to look the fool for one day, go back to your video games..

Add me to the Uneducated. To me the Root Cause is normally referred to as Deep Seated. {in leather of course}. Unless your Stanley Unwin.

Doing a bit of further reading on the matter - warp speed must be right (isn't he always?)about me having too much time on my hands! - it seems to be something of an Americanism.

For most Americans, "deep-seeded" is pronounced exactly the same way as "deep-seated", due to (what linguists call) flapping and voicing of /t/ in words like seated,

http://itre.cis.upen...ves/001815.html

I think it is what is known as an eggcorn:

In linguistics, an eggcorn is an idiosyncratic substitution of a word or phrase for a word or words that sound similar or identical in the speaker's dialect. The new phrase introduces a meaning that is different from the original, but plausible in the same context, such as "old-timers' disease" for "Alzheimer's disease". This is as opposed to a malapropism, where the substitution creates a nonsensical phrase. Classical malapropisms generally derive their comic effect from the fault of the user, while eggcorns are errors that exhibit creativity or logic.[1]Eggcorns often involve replacing an unfamiliar, archaic, or obscure word with a more common or modern word ("baited breath" for "bated breath").[2]

The term eggcorn was coined by Geoffrey Pullum in September 2003, in response to an article by Mark Liberman on the website Language Log, a blog for linguists.[3] Liberman discussed the case of a woman who substitutes the phrase egg corn for the word acorn, arguing that the precise phenomenon lacked a name; Pullum suggested using "eggcorn" itself. The phenomenon is very similar to the form of wordplay known as the pun, except that, by definition, the speaker (or writer) intends the pun to have some effect on the recipient, whereas one who speaks or writes an eggcorn is unaware of the mistake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggcorn

Admitting such though could make the speaker feel a bit silly. Better to cover the mistake by calling others simpletons and saying you have coined your own phrase because that's what intellectually superior people do.