International Airport

Went to USM tonight to pick up a visitor on flight PG187 due to land at 21.15. Got there a bit early and we were thirsty. No coffee, water or anything available for sale. Shop closed already. So we have to stay thirsty. Checked the arrivals boards - there is PG187 - but no comments or confirmed arrival time. Although, a later flight was confirmed as having landed early. Assuming a delay (the boards say zilch), we sit down to wait. Still thirsty. We check the boards every five minutes, no change - no comments, nothing confirmed. At 21.30 we go to check the boards again - and there is our visitor looking for us. What a <deleted> joke. No one can tell us that a flight has actually arrived. Does everything at USM stop when it gets dark? Boutique Airport - forget it. It is a joke. By the way - we are still thirsty.

isnt there a 24hr family mart and seven eleven less than a two min walk from even the further part of the arrival car park?

I think that you are correct - never gave it a thought. I suppose that it is the same at all International airports - go to the nearest shop!:wacko:

Feel better now?? :)

Thanks for furnishing us with that informative, incredibly witty post.

No worries, it was the nicest thing I could come up with, if I did post something that was more informative (?) someone would surely attack that too.. There's always one... His OP is nothing but a childish temper tantrum what would you have me say??

I've not much patience for people who don't think things like this through very clearly and then come on an Internet to rant about it, as has been posted they had alternatives which also includes asking someone at the Thai check in for example as he himself admitted that there were red flags about the accuracy of the arrivals board, but instead he choose to just whine and complain. Not being there personally, I'm not even sure of their version of events as he describes so why entertain such a rant? :blink:

In closing I'd also include that your post was even less then informative or witty..Thanks for sharing :rolleyes: ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Whoever was responsible for the shopping mall being between check in and departures rather than included inside should be sacked. In fact the whole idea of a row of shops like it is was a bad design.

A wasted opportunity to create a last fond memory of Samui unsurprisingly missed. Had they more vision they would have realised no one is going to visit the airport just to go shopping. As for buying an ice cream on the way to the security desk when all you want to do is get to the departure lounge is nonsensical...that should be inside as well.

The small bar inside the lounge now is uninviting yet could have been a pleasant place to spend an hour or so if the idea had been in the original plan....same with a decent eatery.

As for arrivals its just dumb that there isn't a cafe there....seems to be a recurrent theme doesn't there?

Edit: sp

Edited by smokie36

Whoever was responsible for the shopping mall being between check in and departures rather than included inside should be sacked. In fact the whole idea of a row of shops like it is was a bad design.

A wasted opportunity to create a last fond memory of Samui unsurprisingly missed. Had they more vision they would have realised no one is going to visit the airport just to go shopping. As for buying an ice cream on the way to the security desk when all you want to do is get to the departure lounge is nonsensical...that should be inside as well.

The small bar inside the lounge now is uninviting yet could have been a pleasant place to spend an hour or so if the idea had been in the original plan....same with a decent eatery.

As for arrivals its just dumb that there isn't a cafe there....seems to be a recurrent theme doesn't there?

Edit: sp

While I completely agree, BA actually intended on that strip mall becoming a major "spot" on the island. They frequently approach hotels, publications, chefs, etc. to host events there to start making the strip much more happening but no one bites, considering its extremely bizarre to have a festival at an airport.

While I completely agree, BA actually intended on that strip mall becoming a major "spot" on the island. They frequently approach hotels, publications, chefs, etc. to host events there to start making the strip much more happening but no one bites.

Agreed also.

Give me local free parking, a (haunted house themed) strip of shops within walking distance, security guards who make you feel like you are not a terrorist, and competitive prices, then yes, I would buy my Prada scraves there all the time.:lol:

While I completely agree, BA actually intended on that strip mall becoming a major "spot" on the island. They frequently approach hotels, publications, chefs, etc. to host events there to start making the strip much more happening but no one bites.

Agreed also.

Give me local free parking, a (haunted house themed) strip of shops within walking distance, security guards who make you feel like you are not a terrorist, and competitive prices, then yes, I would buy my Prada scraves there all the time.:lol:

If the whole area was included after security instead of before and redesigned it could be a success.It stands no chance of ever doing that unless the prices become the cheapest on the island. Even then it would have to be considerably cheaper to get all of us to drive over there.

Even more stupid than the skiing plan. Meanwhile smokie36 presses on with his hot air balloon ideas....rolleyes.gif

Anyone care to fly down to KL in one? Or should I start with Surat airport?

Edited by smokie36

No worries, it was the nicest thing I could come up with, if I did post something that was more informative (?) someone would surely attack that too.. There's always one... His OP is nothing but a childish temper tantrum what would you have me say??

I've not much patience for people who don't think things like this through very clearly and then come on an Internet to rant about it, as has been posted they had alternatives which also includes asking someone at the Thai check in for example as he himself admitted that there were red flags about the accuracy of the arrivals board, but instead he choose to just whine and complain. Not being there personally, I'm not even sure of their version of events as he describes so why entertain such a rant? :blink:

In closing I'd also include that your post was even less then informative or witty..Thanks for sharing :rolleyes: ..

Not being there personally you infact have no idea of the version of events yet you castigate the person that was. Hmmm....

I also remember your rants on the football forum during the world cup. Due to your glaring lack of football knowledge and seemingly total lack of understanding of the game we had to correct you then on frequent occasion.

Still, good to see you back trolling again on this lovely august day. Always good for a laugh. :D

Edited by carmine

Not being there personally you infact have no idea of the version of events yet you castigate the person that was. Hmmm....

I also remember your rants on the football forum during the world cup. Due to your glaring lack of football knowledge and seemingly total lack of understanding of the game we had to correct you then on frequent occasion.

Still, good to see you back trolling again on this lovely august day. Always good for a laugh. :D

Ah yes....the USA team should have won the cup of course.....robbed they were....video technology....instant replays of every decision....more doughnut and Big Mac breaks...and on and on they went.

Why not just say "I don't have a concentration span of 45mins." and be done with it! laugh.gif

Don't we have a running airport rant thread?

No that's an AIRLINE rant thread.

Oh my apologies , Rephrasing my comment :

Don't we have an existing dedicated Bangkok Air thread?

Don't we have a running airport rant thread?

No that's an AIRLINE rant thread.

Oh my apologies , Rephrasing my comment :

Don't we have an existing dedicated Bangkok Air thread?

The airport is used by more than one airline.

Nice try though. biggrin.gif

No it is quite the opposite but to deep for you d to understand apparently.. I guess your saying they couldn't be prepared and bring their own water for example??

How is this relevant to tootsie ball?? Not only are you once again way OFF topic but I have more trophies in Soccer in both indoor and outdoor then you could ever wish for and semi-pro experience to back it up as well. What about you? Before you attack my Semi-pro context we didn't have any Pro divisions at that time.. I was also a licensed FIFA referee as well..

JFYI you're the troll here, not me I just made a benign post and you trolled it..

Edited by sbk

No it is quite the opposite but to deep for you d to understand apparently.. I guess your saying they couldn't be prepared and bring their own water for example??

How is this relevant to tootsie ball?? Not only are you once again way OFF topic but I have more trophies in Soccer in both indoor and outdoor then you could ever wish for and semi-pro experience to back it up as well. What about you? Before you attack my Semi-pro context we didn't have any Pro divisions at that time.. I was also a licensed FIFA referee as well..

JFYI you're the troll here, not me I just made a benign post and you trolled it..

If you had used the word football and not that american made up word, then your post here would have sounded so much more impressive, and you would have sounded like you knew what you were talking about. But, sadly, you chose to use the word "soccer" and instead sounded like a typical american who knows nothing about football.

yup, that does it, cheers.

No need to continue this thread since its only point now seems to be to troll and flame. You got issues with Bkk air, use the bkk air rant thread.

//CLOSED//