Yamaha Fino Motor Oil - Help Needed

canardo

i have just put my 5 month old Yamaha Mio 125 in for it's 16,000km service.

I have been using nothing other than Yamalube, i give the bike a right hammering to be honest and the bike is always running between 90 - 110kmh, no probs so far (touch wood) :D

Nothing wrong with using the engine oil the manufacturers recommend. But like most motorcycle manufacturers, the once who not signed up with oil companies, they use 'public' available information about lubrication while oil companies with dedicated lubrication departments spend more USD in research in a year than it will take to put a men on the moon....

To today standards you could design, develop a few hundred Yamaha Fino style scooters to get near what big oil company spends on research and development for it lubrication products.

Basically, who will trust a lubrication of a manufacturer who sets targets for replacement two-wheelers at 3-years? And trust me this has nothing to do with Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and many other manufacturers are into this...

For your Yamaha Fino I would recommend Shell Advance Scooter AX7 4T, ask your petrol station for the right viscosity grade, if you see him think say directly never-mind.... And move to another sales point, you can also find a Castrol Bike Point Service center...